Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

windows midi player

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

COKEDUDEUSF

COKEDUDEUSF

• PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Joined 24-January 07

I need some ideas for a windows midi player. I have tried vlc which according to what I have found on google I need fluidsynth. Fluidsynth unfortunately doesn't have any documentation on how to install fluidsynth for windows. I also tried klite mega pack which I am SHOCKED won't play it. I thought it had every codec package. It says its missing a codec or filter.

24787427_mpc.jpg

http://www.pixhost.o...4787427_mpc.jpg

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

jumper

jumper

2014 All-American Masters HJ'er

• PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Joined 21-January 11
I use Media Player. QuickTime 4 also works well.
Design feedback requested:
IHAtool - IpHlpApi tester; call various functions and report results
--status-> framework is solid; 22 api's fully supported; preview release coming soon
ComDlg32 wrapper - ComDlgEx meets IpHlpApi wrapper
--status-> PrintDlgExW working in latest SumatraPDF 8^)
Future projects: ImportPatcher40 - dialog interface; Kexter - IP40+Ktree+Kexstubs

j7n

j7n

• PipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Joined 18-December 06
1. Foobar2000 + foo_midi plugin is a self-contained setup that doesn't depend on a sound card or drivers. The program comes with a few software emualation variants of the Yamaha OPL3. It supports most VST instruments, such as the Yamaha S-YXG50. I think it requires at the very least an XP SP3 system (won't work on SP1 or 2k).

2. Yamaha MidRadio. A player with a VST instrument built in (S-YXG2006LE). It is in Japanese, which isn't a problem considering it's simple player. But the interface has some oddities that arise from the fact it's made for a foreign culture. Actually works on Windows 98 and up. English version with an earlier S-YXG50.

3. VanBasco Karaoke Player. A more featured player offering some control over the performance, such as visualizing and muting individual instruments. Does not include a synthesizer, and plays on whatever sound card is installed into the system.

4. A sequencer such as REAPER would offer even more control and editing options, as well as rendering to an audio file.

Out of all synthesizers, the S-YXG50 (MU50 sample set) has the most balanced General MIDI sound set.

I have no idea which programs are compatible with Windows Eight. That's the price you pay for early adoption: you've got no software. The first two choices are highly likely to work, being standalone programs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

kaljukass