windows midi player

COKEDUDEUSF

I need some ideas for a windows midi player. I have tried vlc which according to what I have found on google I need fluidsynth. Fluidsynth unfortunately doesn't have any documentation on how to install fluidsynth for windows. I also tried klite mega pack which I am SHOCKED won't play it. I thought it had every codec package. It says its missing a codec or filter.

24787427_mpc.jpg

http://www.pixhost.org/show/2416/24787427_mpc.jpg

1. Foobar2000 + foo_midi plugin is a self-contained setup that doesn't depend on a sound card or drivers. The program comes with a few software emualation variants of the Yamaha OPL3. It supports most VST instruments, such as the Yamaha S-YXG50. I think it requires at the very least an XP SP3 system (won't work on SP1 or 2k).

2. Yamaha MidRadio. A player with a VST instrument built in (S-YXG2006LE). It is in Japanese, which isn't a problem considering it's simple player. But the interface has some oddities that arise from the fact it's made for a foreign culture. Actually works on Windows 98 and up. English version with an earlier S-YXG50.

3. VanBasco Karaoke Player. A more featured player offering some control over the performance, such as visualizing and muting individual instruments. Does not include a synthesizer, and plays on whatever sound card is installed into the system.

4. A sequencer such as REAPER would offer even more control and editing options, as well as rendering to an audio file.

Out of all synthesizers, the S-YXG50 (MU50 sample set) has the most balanced General MIDI sound set.

I have no idea which programs are compatible with Windows Eight. That's the price you pay for early adoption: you've got no software. The first two choices are highly likely to work, being standalone programs.

This is the one I use ... it plays very good audio once set up and lots of cool skins ... there is a midi plugin.

XMPlay v3.8.1.2

http://www.un4seen.com/xmplay.html

XMPlay is an audio player, supporting the OGG / MP3 / MP2 / MP1 / WMA / WAV / AIFF / CDA / MO3 / IT / XM / S3M / MTM / MOD / UMX audio formats, PLS / M3U / ASX / WAX / CUE playlists, and ZIP archives. A load more formats are also supported via plugins.

When XMPlay was first released in 1998, only the XM file format was supported, hence the name "XMPlay".

No installation

UnZIP where you want and go!