Windows 10 DEVELOPMENT

bigmuscle

For me AeroGlass is not working on build 10041. What can I do to make this working properly?

Can someone tell my what to do? (I don't know, i wrote that correcty, sorry for my english).

LQQking good guys! :yes:

Djohn don't know if your aware of it but Noel has a working updated atlas file that now shows the [X] button and not 2 Max buttons for build 10041. 
~DP

Thank you.  I saw your mention in an earlier comment, but for the life of me, could not find it!  I like the X, and am going to change the color of the maximize button to green!

For me AeroGlass is not working on build 10041. What can I do to make this working properly?

Can someone tell my what to do? (I don't know, i wrote that correcty, sorry for my english).

If you have it installed, completely uninstall it including the folder.   Now, when you install v1.3.1 DO NOT CHECK the shiny theme or the protect boxes.  It should work now.  If you have inserted your license (assuming you have one) you must do another step.  What I did was boot into SAFE mode, and delete the dwmcore.pdb FILE in the symbols\dwmcore.pdb\string of numbers and letters folder.  I replaced it with a TEXT file which I renamed dwmcore.pdb.   Make sure it is saved exactly as dwmcore.pdb, and NOT dwmcore.pdb.txt.  Reboot normally. Now it should work.

When you restart a window will pop up which says Windows can not hook your version of DWM.  Click on cancel.

Edited by dhjohns

If you have it installed, completely uninstall it including the folder.   Now, when you install v1.3.1 DO NOT CHECK the shiny theme or the protect boxes.  It should work now.  If you have inserted your license (assuming you have one) you must do another step.  What I did was boot into SAFE mode, and delete the dwmcore.pdb FILE in the symbols\dwmcore.pdb\string of numbers and letters folder.  I replaced it with a TEXT file which I renamed dwmcore.pdb.   Make sure it is saved exactly as dwmcore.pdb, and NOT dwmcore.pdb.txt.  Reboot normally. Now it should work.

When you restart a window will pop up which says Windows can not hook your version of DWM.  Click on cancel.

I might just have to try this myself, lol.

So, install 1.3.1 for 8.1 and "DO NOT CHECK the shiny theme or the protect boxes", then insert my license, then setup Noels latest Atlas, then boot into safe mode and replace dwmcore.pdb with a blank text file renamed appropriately of course? Then reboot into normal mode and cancel out the warning popup? Is that exactly right?

Thank you dhjohs

Edited by }SkOrPn--'

So, install 1.3.1 for 8.1 and "DO NOT CHECK the shiny theme or the protect boxes", then insert my license, then setup Noels latest Atlas, then boot into safe mode and replace dwmcore.pdb with a blank text file renamed appropriately of course? Then reboot into normal mode and cancel out the warning popup? Is that exactly right?

Thank you dhjohs

You need to replace the dwmcore.pdb BEFORE you setup Noel's latest Atlas.  You won't be able to do a dam thing until you do that.

Thank you buddy. I just miss how beautiful I have 8.1 looking, but I need to stay in 10 in order to participate in the Feedback. So, maybe if I can get this Aero going it will ease some of my eye pain... lol

Thanks for the tips...

Thank you dhjohs

You need to replace the dwmcore.pdb BEFORE you setup Noel's latest Atlas.  You won't be able to do a dam thing until you do that.

Almost rebooted, and then realized I do not know where the location of "dwmcore.pdb" is. Lol, I did a search and the only one I find is the one I just created in an empty renamed text file. Now, I already have 131 installed, and I have dropped my key into the aero folder. So, I am going to assume that I need to download something else? Such as these symbols I see mention of?

Oh and you are correct, Glass is already working. YAY! OK, I'm not going to reboot into safe mode until I get confirmation of the location of that file. Surprised I can't find it considering my 10041 is a upgrade and not a clean install. I had Glass working 9926. Thanks dhjohns

It is here:  C:\AeroGlass\symbols\dwmcore.pdb\52B48AED43024C84B43205B95822F1961\   The actual numbers may be different (that last long folder,) but it will be in there.  You only need to do this if you insert your license.

Edited by dhjohns

Yes. you do, then it will be all screwed up, and you will need to restart to Safe Mode, and follow directions.  I have to go out so I will be out of touch for a couple of hours.  Good luck.

Yes. you do, then it will be all screwed up, and you will need to restart to Safe Mode, and follow directions.  I have to go out so I will be out of touch for a couple of hours.  Good luck.

OK, rebooting into Safe Mode now. Thanks again.

By the way, note that Big Muscle's new FrameMargin command does work in build 10041, so you can make the window frames a little thicker.

And REMEMBER, once he releases a compatible version, to go back and get a valid copy of dwmcore.pdb (or just delete it and let Aero Glass download a fresh one).

-Noel

I got it working. There is corruption in the Windows border, mostly noticeable at the top of a window, but only when dragging another window over and through it. Once I close all but one window, the corruption lines go away. I assume this is normal behavior for using the 1.3.1 version. I can live with it though.

Thanks guys, this is much better. And yes NoelC, I will try and remember that.

It's not "normal" in 1.3.1/1.3.2, but apparently exists because it's not really fully installed properly.

But even with some visual glitches it's better than the eyesore that is the out-of-box Windows 10.

-Noel