Windows 10 DEVELOPMENT

bigmuscle

I'm starting to get my Aero glass just like I had it in Windows 7, and I've had no problems running these builds so far on daily basis. However I've noticed that the engine does have some inconsistency between the title window glass and the added window border transparency.  I mean it's clearly visible to see they do not link seamlessly, as seen in my screenshot:

my_win10_glass.jpg

If you look closely to the top left side of the active window (file explorer one), it is more opaque on the title bar side than on the added margin border surrounding the window. I hope that it can be tweaked somehow. It's more visible on active window but does seem to affect the inactive ones too. :)

This is beautiful, is that an atlas? Could you please share it? TY!

--edit--

That is win8rp atlas, right?

Edited by Tusticles

Has anyone come across this in their debug.log? Line 2.

[2015-08-20 08:14:15][0x9BC:0x9C0] Module: C:\AeroGlass\DWMGlass.dll
[2015-08-20 08:14:15][0x9BC:0x9C0] Pipe error: 5 - Access is denied.
[2015-08-20 08:14:16][0x1F8:0xC08] Loading settings (flags = 0x1) from HKEY 0x0000000000000000 for session #1
[2015-08-20 08:14:16][0x1F8:0xC08] Settings reloaded
[2015-08-20 08:14:16][0x1F8:0xC08] dwmcore.dll version 10.0.10240.16431
[2015-08-20 08:14:16][0x1F8:0xC08] udwm.dll version 10.0.10240.16384
[2015-08-20 08:14:16][0x1F8:0xC08] Symbols loaded from patterns: 0xFFB
[2015-08-20 08:14:16][0x1F8:0x3C0] Message 0x31A, wparam = 0, lparam = 0
[2015-08-20 08:14:16][0x1F8:0x3C0] Loading settings (flags = 0x4) from HKEY 0x0000000000000000 for session #1
[2015-08-20 08:14:16][0x1F8:0x3C0] Settings reloaded
[2015-08-20 08:14:16][0x1F8:0x3C0] Delayed hook (UxTheme.dll!GetThemeStream from udwm.dll) installed
[2015-08-20 08:14:16][0x1F8:0x3C0] Delayed hook (UxTheme.dll!GetThemeRect from udwm.dll) installed
[2015-08-20 08:14:16][0x1F8:0x3C0] Delayed hook (ext-ms-win-uxtheme-themes-l1-1-0.dll!GetThemeMargins from udwm.dll) installed
[2015-08-20 08:14:16][0x1F8:0x3C0] Hook (USER32.dll!SystemParametersInfoW from udwm.dll) installed
[2015-08-20 08:14:16][0x1F8:0x3C0] Hook (GDI32.dll!ExtCreateRegion from udwm.dll) installed
[2015-08-20 08:14:16][0x1F8:0x3C0] Atlas resource loading (custom: )

Edit: I killed aerohost and dwm.exe then reloaded it, now the error doesn't appear.

[2015-08-20 08:26:14][0x1898:0x1EA8] Hook (USER32.dll!DrawTextW from udwm.dll) installed
[2015-08-20 08:26:14][0x1898:0x1EA8] Hook (GDI32.dll!CreateBitmap from udwm.dll) installed
[2015-08-20 08:26:14][0x1898:0x1EA8] Hook (GDI32.dll!CreateRoundRectRgn from udwm.dll) installed
[2015-08-20 08:26:14][0x1898:0x1EA8] Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.3.2.160 DEBUG x64 correctly loaded (C:\AeroGlass\DWMGlass.dll).

Peter

Edited by groomp

Since the fullscreen button is not yet implemented in the titlebar for modern/universal apps with this installed (which might be needed for some games or video players), is there a shortcut key or other way that an app can go fullscreen in Windows 10 without the need for this button?

Modern Frame Removal for Win10

Since Windows 10 has not been released yet, I'm not creating separate topic for this but putting it into this one. I'm going away for a fey days so I'm leaving you here small unfinished tool which removes that ugly grey title bar on windowed modern applications. Currently, there are some limitations:

• only 64-bit debug build
  • it is intended for testing only and not for regular usage (use it on your risk and don't complain about console window)
  • it needs to be injected via old AppInit_DLLs registry value = secure boot off (you can check my website guide)
  • symbol file for ApplicationFrame.dll needs to be present - if you install into Aero Glass folder (where dbghelp.dll and symsrv.dll is present), it will do it automatically
  • fullscreen is not handled correctly - no button to switch to fullscreen, no overlay titlebar in fullscreen
  • plain backgrounds on modern applications are not rendered at all - you will probably see completely black instead of specific color (e.g. in modern application splash screen)
  • probably more buggy than I think :-D
  • no icon on titlebar, because I don't know how to get icon for modern application (regular WM_GETICON does not work)

Just kill ApplicationFrameHost.exe after install.

Download link

Since the fullscreen button is not yet implemented in the titlebar for modern/universal apps with this installed (which might be needed for some games or video players), is there a shortcut key or other way that an app can go fullscreen in Windows 10 without the need for this button?

Sure hold down the control key while you click the maximize button.

Edited by dhjohns

Hi, many thanks for the quick reply! Unfortunately this isn't working for me, holding the control key and clicking the maximize button seems to be doing the same thing as clicking the maximize button on its own (leaving the title bar and taskbar still visible). Is there another way or am I doing something wrong with the keys?

Edited by Blonk

Hi, many thanks for the quick reply! Unfortunately this isn't working for me, holding the control key and clicking the maximize button seems to be doing the same thing as clicking the maximize button on its own (leaving the title bar and taskbar still visible). Is there another way or am I doing something wrong with the keys?

Are you sure you have the right modernframe.dll.  You quoted a really ancient post.  Make sure you have the current one downloaded, and in your aeroglass folder.  It could be the game, also.  Try different apps to see if it works on one, and not on others.  This is all experimental, you know!

Edited by dhjohns

Ooops my bad, I had tried the ctrl-maximise with the dll disabled as I had assumed the shortcut would work regardless (I thought there may be a generic Win 10 shortcut). I re-enabled the dll (downloaded from http://www.glass8.eu/win_future.html so the latest as of Aug 7) and ctrl-maximise now works, many thanks.

Since the title bar and therefore the maximise button cannot be reached once the modern app is fullscreen with the dll enabled, is there a shortcut to "un-fullscreen" the app again without having to close it and reopen it?

Edited by Blonk

Ooops my bad, I had tried the ctrl-maximise with the dll disabled as I had assumed the shortcut would work regardless (I thought there may be a generic Win 10 shortcut). I re-enabled the dll (downloaded from http://www.glass8.eu/win_future.html so the latest as of Aug 7) and ctrl-maximise now works, many thanks.

Since the title bar and therefore the maximise button cannot be reached once the modern app is fullscreen with the dll enabled, is there a shortcut to "un-fullscreen" the app again without having to close it and reopen it?

Not at the moment.  Although it does work on The Weather Channel App consistently for some apps it doesn't work at all, and for others just one time.

Edited by dhjohns

OK many thanks. Like you said it is still experimental, it is amazing BM has got it to work as well as it already does in the short time since Win10's release.

It would seem you can make bringing up the taskbar from the top more reliable by closing the ApplicationFrameHost window before opening an app you want to run full screen (which restarts the frame host window).

Many thanks again for your help.

And? There is no reason to support this build.

hmmmm - surely that would depend how easy the fix is and if that fix did not break Aeroglass for 10240 - if the build is solid then dont you think Microsoft will push it out as an update fairly quickly