Windows 98se rename and paste in adress bar cosmetic bug

winxpi

Hello! I've been MIA the last years. 

However theres a cosmetic bug in Windows 98SE (don't know  if its also in ME) that results as followed:

When I open a folder or place where files exist and I have access to the adressbar (which displays the path normally), its by default also possible to type in the adress bar. And when you do this the text cursor aka caret appears on typing (or after using copy and paste).

However now to the issue

If you  use RENAME (or press F2) and then copy the file or folder name e.g. "autoexec.bat" (regardless of using CTRL+C or right-clicking copy) and double-click to the adressbar the text won't get the blue focus it normally gets when you mark a text before removing it with backspace.

So easily said the field in the addressbar now cant get tagged.

You still can paste the text of the filename you copied ("autoexec.bat"), but at the moment there is no focus(tagging)and no caret when you want to paste "autoexec.bat" in the adressbar field.

And instead of reading "autoexec.bat" in the adressbar after usage of CTRL+V in Windows explorer you will read "C:\autoexec.bat" now. 

Btw: I noticed a work-around: If you use rename and then copy the file/folder name but now...click another file. And after this you can mark the text in the addresbar of Windows Explorer (the text cursor is available) and paste to make it read "autoexec.bat " instead of "C:\".

Seems to be some bug with the focus.  

This bug doesn't occur in browsers, its just in the Windows Explorer for Files. Would be curious to find out if its only in Windows 98SE or also ME and maybe also 2000 or NT4.

Edited by winxpi