Windows XP Network Utility

tmontney

I've been working on a small utility for Windows XP for a few weeks. It's been quite a lot more involved than I imagined. I thought it would cool to quickly switch between network states: no network, local only, and full network.

No network will disable all networking services, ones you can control by services.msc. There's also an option to disable lower level ones (ones handled by the I/O Subsystem/you can't see them in services.msc). The program will also try to immediately stop services, if possible (although a reboot seems to be the best solution).

Local only aims to offer LAN/WLAN connectivity, but prevent Internet connectivity. It keeps only certain services available, although you can customize them. (e.g. You want to preserve the ability to share files.) It also sets the appropriate TCP/IP settings (based off your previous settings).

Full network is pretty obvious. Allows you to operate like normal.

Program is now available. It's still unstable so please be careful! I've put safe guards to back things up, and make it easier to recover from failures. As of the initial release, I'm not aware of any major issues. Please let me know of any issues you encounter.

Problems

None as of right now.

post-390462-0-29817300-1422789293_thumb.

post-390462-0-83830900-1422789348_thumb.

post-390462-0-09642400-1422789350_thumb.

Edited by tmontney