Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

How do I network this situation, please?

- - - - - networking with both Windows7 8.1 and Linux Mint Debian Editio

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

tlcmd

tlcmd

• 45 posts
  • Joined 20-August 07

Assistance please, and I'm not the most literate computer user so please keep it simple. Our home has 3 computers and 2 printers which I would like to network into a home network.
1) HP running LMDE connected to a Brother MFC-490cw printer (Computer hardwired to modem)
2) HP running Windows 7 connected to a Brother MFC_495cw printer (Computer hardwired to modem)
3) HP Laptop running Windows 8.1 (wireless via same modem)

Additional info: the HP computer running LMDE is partitioned and has a dual boot to Windows 8.1 and LMDE, but I run LMDE 99% of the time.

My question: How can I network these 3 computers?

And also so the Laptop can connect via the network to both of the printers separately?

Any assistance or references would be appreciated.

I have also posted this question on the LMDE forum.

Thank you.

tlcmd

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 10,164 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

For reference, LMDE is Linux Mint Debian Edition.
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
tpxmsfn1_zps393339c1.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: networking with both Windows7, 8.1, and Linux Mint Debian Editio

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users