Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Glitched thread

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Tommy

Tommy

Brooke's Tommy honey <3

• PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Joined 19-February 10

http://www.msfn.org/...ne-being-a-pill

I don't know how it appears to other people, but I was posting a reply last night to fellow member drugwash and I happened to reply and ended up with a database error. I tried getting back to it last night and couldn't so I gave up. Today I had a few replies but on my end, I didn't see them at all, it just appeared like I was the last person who replied. Now when I went into the thread, the last post appeared from submix8c. I tried to reply to him and no matter what, I couldn't get it to work right. I had another database error but then my reply appeared to go through...but then I couldn't see it. So I tried it again. It went through fine but I couldn't see it. Apparently, there's now a page two that I couldn't see and I have no page counter for me to skip to the different pages on the thread. I don't know how it appears to other people but I have two different browsers on this computer and both of them are acting in the same fashion. I think last night's database error screwed something up in it. I can't figure out how to get to page 2 now without actually typing it into the address bar.

Daily running Windows 2000 Pro SP4 and Windows 98 Second Edition

2dtzy51.png
stillwin9xmsfnbt0.png

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

bphlpt

bphlpt

MSFN Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • Joined 12-May 07

That thread is dong the same for me.  I only see page 1 and can only get to the second page by adding "page-2" in the address bar.

Actually, there is another way, but it really just shows how screwed up that thread is.  If you go to either the main forum index or "View New Content" and find the referenced thread, you will see that Tommy is the last poster and there have been 24 replies to the thread, even though it indicates there is only one page to the thread.  Since the forum is set to show 20 posts per page, that is odd.  Then if you go ahead and click so you can "Go to last post", it takes you to the first post of the thread.  But WAIT!  After several seconds, it will eventually take you to the actual last post of the thread on page two, even though you didn't click anything else.  (I'm using a version of Chrome as my browser on Win7 x64 Ultimate, if that makes any difference.)

Something is definitely wrong with that thread.

Cheers and Regards

Posted Image

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 10,158 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

Xper is doing database work relating to this issue:
http://www.msfn.org/...osts-invisible/

May be related.
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
tpxmsfn1_zps393339c1.jpg

xper

xper

Insane Clown

• Administrator
  • 20,219 posts
  • Joined 16-August 01

Yes, something is wrong and I work together with IPS support to fix those issues. Maybe, I say maybe we will loose some threads due to converting database to UTF8 encoding in order to install upcoming Invision forum version 4.0.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Become an MSFN Sponsor Now! Keep Up MSFN Running

Read MSFN Forum Rules
Not a member? Donate here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users