Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Windows XP - Ask all questions in OOBE

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

johnyept

johnyept
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 12-September 10

Hi all.

I was wondering how to make XP ask all questions (timezone, computer name, workgroup) in OOBE right before first start up, instead of during the installation process. I noticed before that when restoring XP using the recovery partition on some laptops, that XP asks for these questions in OOBE right in the "Welcome to Windows XP" blue screens, along with Account names, etc.

The purpose is to create a OEM XP installation disk that only asks for partition creation, installs without stopping, then asks for all info in the end instead of stopping several times. I would prefer this info to be added manually instead of predefined in WINNT.SIF, the only info on the file should be the OEM key and the necessary commands to "push" the questions to the end of the installation, if possible.

Can this be done?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users