Mozilla Thunderbird Appearance with Windows Aero.

MrMaguire

I've noticed that Mozilla Thunderbird looks different with Windows Aero enabled than it does without it.

Thunderbird_with_Classic_Theme.jpg

Thunderbird 31.5.0 with the unmodified Windows 2000-style classic theme.

Thunderbird_with_Aero_Theme.png

Thunderbird 31.5.0 with Aero

Notice the white/light grey colour on the Aero title bar instead of the usually dark blue/black.

Thunderbird seemingly has different appearances depending on what visual style you are using. I prefer the appearance you get with the classic theme, and I want to know if it's possible to make it use that appearance under Windows Aero.

OS is 32 bit Vista Business with Service Pack 2.

Edited by MrMaguire

Did I read it correctly that you don't want Tbird to change when you enable Aero?

There seems to be a few different add-ons for Tbird that have this or similar effect. Here is one I found:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/thunderbird/addon/ignore-aero/

Here is the search terms I put into google:

Mozilla thunderbird skin aero

Yes, that is exactly what I mean. I tried the Ignore Aero add-on. It definitely works, but not quite the way I want it to. Instead of just ignoring Aero, it actually applies a custom theme that mimics that of Thunderbird 3.x, which is nice, but ultimately it's not what I want right now.

I also tried:

- NoGlass - Only removed the dark blue/black Aero colour from the title bar.

- Various others that weren't as close.

- xpDefault -  Closest I've gotten so far, just missing the dark blue/black colour from the title bar

http://s25.postimg.org/gjvcs40kf/xp_Default_with_Aero.png

That is exactly how I want it, minus the pale blue where the dark blue/ black Aero should be.

See how the pale blue thing doesn't fit properly around the minimize, maximize and close buttons? The add-on is advertised as being for Windows 7, which has bigger window control buttons. Does that mean it's an image of sorts that can be removed?

For now I've switched to using Windows Classic with the Ignore Aero theme in Thunderbird.

I noticed that the Australis versions of Firefox also have that white-ish coloured title bar with Windows Vista's Aero enabled, so I'm guessing it's built into the programme and can't be changed easily.