Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

End of Support for MSE on Windows Server 2003 ?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

JodyT

JodyT

• PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Joined 05-April 11

I run MSE (the x86 Vista/7 install) on Windows Server 2003.  It works quite well, though I do realize that it's not officially supported.

However, the last updates show the same "support ending" message that showed up on Windows XP last year.  Now, I guess I'm surprised that the code in the Vista/7 installer would detect Server 2003 as XP, but moreover, I'm surprised that this installer would even  have the end of support message.  My hope was that since MSE in not even supposed to recognize Server 2003, that it would just keep running without issue until January 2020.  After all, I used the installation file for Windows Vista and 7.

So I went back to v4.304.4 (I think that's right...lol).  It takes current definition updates, and keeps running with the notice.  I wondered if any one might've know another way around this perhaps.

Cheers All!

:)

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

submix8c

submix8c

Inconceivable!

• Patrons
  • 4,481 posts
  • Joined 14-September 05

It's detecting the Win2K3, of which support *is* ending real soon.

HTH

Someday the tyrants will be unthroned... Jason "Jay" Chasteen; RIP, bro!

Posted Image

dencorso

dencorso

Iuvat plus qui nihil obstat

• Supervisor
  • 5,778 posts
  • Joined 07-April 07

Donator

I'm not sure, because I don't use MSE. But I think you may need to go back to version 4.4.304.0... More about it on this page, elsewhere, at dslreports. Then again... is it precisely 4.4.304.0 you've already gone back to and not even it works anymore?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users