Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Questions about UHD monitor and related components

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

grancharov

grancharov

• 38 posts
  • Joined 23-November 13

Hello.

I use Dell U2713hm(2560x1440) and I consider to upgrade with Samsung LU32D97. What is the minimal recommended video card for that? I'm not a gamer and up to this moment I'm fine with the integrated video in A10-6700. I have Sapphire HD 6770 1GB DDR5 in the secondary PC - is this enough for everyday use(webbrowsers, video up to 1080p), or I have to buy a newer card?

My PSU is CM Silent Pro M500. I have 7 HDD's + 1 SSD and 2x4 GB /1600 MHz.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,840 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

The native resolution for that display, per the link is 3840x2160.

According to newegg (presuming it is the correct model) the max resolution is 2560 x 1600.
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814102940

I do not know whether or not you can get more resolution out of the video card by using different drivers.
Looking at this example, there is a performance rating score for an HD 6770 running at 3840x2160, so I would presume it is possible... but maybe not the ideal solution.
http://www.game-deba... 6770 Crossfire

I also read in some spots, that maximum resolution may depend on which port is used to connect, like DisplayPort/HDMI/etc.

MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
tpxmsfn1_zps393339c1.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users