I'm installing Win98SE on a Pentium I (200MHz, 64MB RAM, 4MB ATI 3D Rage II)
It seems there are many update/upgrade packs available and some of them partly overlap. (Auto-Patcher, wupg98en-AFL, 98SE2ME, U98SESP3, etc)
Could anyone here recommend which patches/packs to install and in which order?
Some info on my plans/wishes:
- Change SYS files to create dual boot option to pure DOS (for DOS gaming)
- Install some Windows 98 games as well (DirectX needed, probably not 9.0c, but that would be fine)
- Use Windows to download some game patches/system software (simple website browsing+download)
- Use Windows to read USB flash drives (mass storage support would be useful)
- I don't know if I really need KernelEx stuff. However, if it will add support for a browser that will run on this hardware, that would be nice.