Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Windows XP Interface Font Looks Different With nVidia Drivers Installe

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

MrMaguire

MrMaguire

Designed for Microsoft® Windows® XP

• PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Joined 30-April 14

I've noticed that there is something about the nVidia display drivers that slightly changes the interface font on Windows XP. It's only really noticeable if you use a theme with a visual style, and it only occurs if you're using an nVidia graphics chipset, Intel and ATI/AMD drivers seem to display Windows fonts exactly the way they are without the drivers installed.

image.png

Notice the "Start" font is thinner. Top is the default, bottown is with nVidia drivers.

I'd like to know what exactly has been implemented to cause this behavior, and if possible, reverse it. Is it antialiasing? This has bugged me for years. I've looked through the nVidia control panel and haven't found a setting that changes it yet.

Here's something that's curious: Using more than one monitor with these drivers disables whatever causes this font thinning.

This is definitely not something that has popped up recently, I've noticed this even on a Compaq EVO D500 computer from 2001, that had a period nVidia GPU in it.

Edited by MrMaguire, Yesterday, 06:43 AM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,925 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

I wonder if your DPI setting has changed.

MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
tpxmsfn1_zps393339c1.jpg

MrMaguire

MrMaguire

Designed for Microsoft® Windows® XP

• PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Joined 30-April 14

Nope. Still at 96.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users