Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Need a wireless client for Windows 2000

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

MrMaguire

MrMaguire

Designed for Microsoft® Windows® XP

• PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Joined 30-April 14

I really need a wireless client for Windows 2000. I'm using a Linksys 802.11g adapter that's 10 years old and its wireless client on the driver disc is asinine and old. I can't find a newer utility on Linksys' website, and Windows 2000's implementation of a wireless client is far too crude and outdated.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

netbookdelgob

netbookdelgob

• 35 posts
  • Joined 14-February 15

The RTL8191SE driver comes with a wireless client for windows 2000 (however it needs to be run with a wrapper or kernelex, otherwise it will complain about a dll)

CamTron

CamTron

XPocalypse Survivor

• Pip
  • 71 posts
  • Joined 09-April 14

Will clients for other cards work, or do they have some mechanism that refuses to run with another vendor's card? The one for my Atheros AR5007EG card on my Eee PC 1000HD supports most modern encryption protocols (like WPA2-PSK) and works just fine with vanilla Windows 2000, though the GUI is a bit meh. If you want to try it, extract this and run ACU.exe from the ACU directory.

Keyboard failure...
Strike the f1 key to continue, f2 to run the setup utility.

blackwingcat

blackwingcat

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Joined 31-May 08

Hi.

Yes , but if we use any Wireless on Windows 2000,  we must install Wireless Client soft.

Will clients for other cards work, or do they have some mechanism that refuses to run with another vendor's card? The one for my Atheros AR5007EG card on my Eee PC 1000HD supports most modern encryption protocols (like WPA2-PSK) and works just fine with vanilla Windows 2000, though the GUI is a bit meh. If you want to try it, extract this and run ACU.exe from the ACU directory.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
BlackWingCat =^^=
http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users