StartIsBack++ 2.9

Tihiy

Please welcome on the stage again: the Start menu which refused to die!

StartIsBack++ is the all-new StartIsBack version for Windows 10.

OsYU9gi.png

What's hot about StartIsBack on Windows 10 now?

- Full taskbar skinning!

- Jumplists replacement!

- Dark Mode support!

- Ability to reduce resource usage by disabling newer Start menu and Cortana processes from prelaunching

- Ability to use adequately sized (32x32) large icons and larger start menu button on taskbar

- Modern icon glyphs on Start menu right hand pane

- Modern blur, drop shadow and immersive context menus for start menu

- Fully dynamic DPI aware start menu and configuration app

- New modern style with round user picture

- Lots of new minor additions and tweaks 

Edited by Tihiy

O.O

Nice job. I will be all over this upon commercial release. That's one down now I just need OldNewExplorer and AeroGlass updated to Windows 10 then I will consider using it.

Edited by ptd163

StartScreenIsBack won't come until RTM if at all. There're chances they'll cut the hanging guts out.

ok! Startscreenisback hope will be the same as in Windows 8.1 update.I am referring to personalization ...etc. 

for the charms bar nothing?

Seems to work pretty good on build 10158, there is also an option in this builds for using full screen start without having to use tablet mode like on some of the older builds I tried, I tried the Ctrl+Win key for start screen and it works fine and pressing the Win key returns it to the SiB desktop start menu, if you try setting the Win key to open start screen it also opens the start screen on Ctrl+Win even if it's set for start menu, it also opens the start screen when you click on the start button, I also notice there is no shortcut displayed in the start menu for the start screen when the setting is applied.

All the other settings seem to work fine, I like the option to have large taskbar icons, looks much nicer to me, start menu and taskbar coloring works fine as well and it's nice to be able to adjust the transparency.

Seems to work pretty good on build 10158, there is also an option in this builds for using full screen start without having to use tablet mode like on some of the older builds I tried, I tried the Ctrl+Win key for start screen and it works fine and pressing the Win key returns it to the SiB desktop start menu, if you try setting the Win key to open start screen it also opens the start screen on Ctrl+Win even if it's set for start menu, it also opens the start screen when you click on the start button, I also notice there is no shortcut displayed in the start menu for the start screen when the setting is applied.

All the other settings seem to work fine, I like the option to have large taskbar icons, looks much nicer to me, start menu and taskbar coloring works fine as well and it's nice to be able to adjust the transparency.

I agree with you.

First Million of Thanks and Regards for 'StartIsBack++' and your Hard Work.....

It will be better if you also allow us to choose between 'StartScreenIsBack' and 'Win 10 Start Menu' along side your 'StartIsBack++'. By this way we can enjoy best of all Start Menus with the help of your awesome tool. And we can use either of following combination according to our mood. 

1- 'StartIsBack++' and 'StartScreenIsBack'

2- 'StartIsBack++' and 'Win 10 Start Menu'

Thanks in Advance

Edited by devdevadev