Tihiy

StartIsBack++ 2.0

584 posts in this topic

470ebc5b833365d28c34a8341deb4142.png

latest  insider preview, just reporting :)

That's nice of them.

Posted (edited)

ikr? lmfao

they even went as far as opening your site when you press learn more xD

Edited by damian666

@Tihiy, could you make taskbar Jump Lists customizable too? Now when a VS is applied to the taskbar and its thumbnails everything looks amazing except those black & ugly Jump Lists.

Zz7AgVj.png

How to place new buttons like regedit or PowerShell ISE on the right panel?

14 minutes ago, farag said:

How to place new buttons like regedit or PowerShell ISE on the right panel?

Impossible. This is why I created a new folder using 'Custom folders...' function,

f80ws2s.png

made it as menu and added shortcuts to the desired programs.

db9scc8.png

19 hours ago, MDJ said:

This is why I created a new folder using 'Custom folders...' function,

I know this trick, but thanks anyway. Waiting for app update...

doent work on newer builds

3 hours ago, LuanTeles said:

doent work on newer builds

So informative.

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I tried to avoid the recently opened programs keep resting alot by pin what i need and disable this option but i found another problem

When i disable recently opened programs "Run" don't store what i used like CMD or if i used ping ... i have to type something to let the recent commands i used to appear ... also i cleared it and tried to type something but it don't get stored in registry while this option is disabled

When i enable recently opened programs and use "Run" once i open it i can see what i used before without need to type anything ... and when i type anything it get stored in registry normally

I can make a video to explain more if you want me to

Thanks

Edited by baltagy

4 hours ago, baltagy said:

According to this article those options are relevant so when one is off, another one automatically gets turned off too. Kind of stupid, Microsoft could've made two separate options.

1 minute ago, MDJ said:

According to this article those options are relevant so when one is off, another one automatically gets turned off too. Kind of stupid, Microsoft could've made two separate options.

Yep that's my problem, maybe "recently opened programs keep resting alot" also Microsoft bug

Disabling recent programs tracking also disables storing Run commands and MRU directories for open/save dialogs.

Instead, set recent program displayed count to 0.

Hey. I bought SIB a while back because I can't stand Windows 10. I went back to W7, but here I am, back again.

Having a small issue where EVENTUALLY the StartIsBack start menu location does not completely cover the real start menu button. The complete lower left corner ends up being uncovered and I will open up the regular Windows 10 start menu if I just launch my mouse into the corner before clicking (which I assume pretty much everyone does). I'm guessing the software was made as a mask to sit over the real start menu, but it seems that it ends up moving a bit. I haven't quite figured out what I have going on that specifically causes it as it does not occur during a fresh reboot.

dsReDk2.png

Thought it might have been PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS at first, but no. Thought it might have been ActualMultipleMonitors as that does a bit of its own taskbar magic, but no. Thought maybe OBS was causing it, but no.

However, it does eventually happen, and it drives me nuts.

Any thoughts?