Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

StartIsBack++ RC

Windows 10 bacon flavoured asbestos free no GMO

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

GTAGAME

GTAGAME
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 18-December 14

Are you going to release a version of StartIsBack which brings back the "old" DirectUI startmenu of Windows 10? 

(It's still in use in server versions of Windows 10, so the code might exist on Pro/Home too! :))

Edited by GTAGAME, 22 July 2015 - 06:47 PM.

• stelian88 likes this

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

stelian88

stelian88

STELIAN

• Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Joined 07-February 13

Are you going to release a version of StartIsBack which brings back the "old" DirectUI startmenu of Windows 10? 
(It's still in use in server versions of Windows 10, so the code might exist on Pro/Home too! :))

will be cool. directui is much better than start meniu of windows 10 rtm

Edited by stelian88, 23 July 2015 - 01:18 AM.

Zocor

Zocor
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 20-July 15
Due to my AV program StartIsBack++ RC probably contains a virus.

According to BitDefender Internet Security 2015 the Gen:Trojan.Heur.FU.eu2@aO3i8coi is in the StartIsBackPlusPlus_setup.exe file. This made me double-check this file on the VirusTotal website and not all but seven AV programs detected the virus as well, see:

Now is this a valse positive or am i paranoia.  :puke:

stelian88

stelian88

STELIAN

• Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Joined 07-February 13

i mean this

Attached Files

Edited by stelian88, 23 July 2015 - 01:22 AM.

• GTAGAME likes this

Zocor

Zocor
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 20-July 15

RC2

Obligatory download link:

https://s3.amazonaws...sPlus_setup.exe

- New startscreen.exe icon

- Ready for translation

Fixed:

* live badge showing '1' instead of correct value

* translucency settings reset each time opening configurator

If i can be of any help translating into Dutch please just let me know (PM).  ;)

Aloha

Aloha

• PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • Joined 07-February 08
Avira doesn't work on W10 so I removed it. Windows Defender is the only anti virus I have and it can find nothing. 
Anyone else can confirm this security alert by Zocor? I have no ideas at all. 

Um, wonder if there is a slight chance that Plain8 with round user account picture can be ported to SIB+ for W8.1?
It's kind of cute! Like it a lot and wish to have it on W8.1 too.

Tihiy

Tihiy

the creator

• Developer
  • 1,530 posts
  • Joined 19-November 04

Donator

Fixed false positive. You must know your AV is crap when it reacts to icon resources, not code.

• roirraWedorehT, Aloha, humanangle and 1 other like this

ender`

ender`

• PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Joined 15-February 06

Fixed false positive. You must know your AV is crap when it reacts to icon resources, not code.

Most AVs are crap. I've had a bunch of them marking a ZIP file as dangerous, but not any of the individual files from the ZIP.

Zocor

Zocor
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 20-July 15

Thank you for clearing the sky about the false positive. BitDefender now says it's clean

roirraWedorehT

roirraWedorehT

The Keeper of a lot of Useless Knowledge

• PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Joined 09-December 06

Most AVs are crap. I've had a bunch of them marking a ZIP file as dangerous, but not any of the individual files from the ZIP.

You had me at "Most AVs are crap."  :D

Escorpiom

Escorpiom

Junior

• Pip
  • 94 posts
  • Joined 18-January 09

On a side note, it would be very interesting to see if Avira makes the same mistake as they did at W8 launch...Not having a certified AV ready.

Otherwise it's a good product.

Cheers.

Euclid

Euclid
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 24-July 15

Hello Tihiy

Under Advanced I have enabled the option [x] Do not prelaunch SearchUI and ShellExperienceHost processes. However I noticed that the SearchUI.exe process is still started and restarted if I manually kill the process. I have disabled the Search input box in the task bar.

Update: Right-now I'm unable to reproduce the reported problem.

Edited by Euclid, 24 July 2015 - 04:31 PM.

DaveImagery

DaveImagery
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 21-July 15

Not sure if this is a bug unique to my machine or not, but thought I'd report it anyway. 

When I uninstall a progam, the add/remove control panel window dissapears, it takes me back to the desktop, where I can procede to unistall normally,  but I loose my icons placement on the desktop.

Update 07/26

Ok, it's not StartisBack.  I'm guessing it's a bug in Windows.  This morning I was installing a program that I did not want to be able to phone home, so I went to disable my internet.  If I right click the newtork adapter icon, select disable, it screws up.  The window closes, and it doesn't disable.  Now if I highlight the network adapter icon, options appear in the new UI, among them disable.  Clicking that, it works fine.  This is exact same problem I experienced with the add/remove programs mentioned above.  So this is a Windows UI issue.

Edited by DaveImagery, 26 July 2015 - 11:45 AM.

farag

farag
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 27-July 15

It would be very useful, if you add feature in settings to launch command line with Administrative privilage.

Tihiy

Tihiy

the creator

• Developer
  • 1,530 posts
  • Joined 19-November 04

Donator

You can right-click 'Command Prompt' item it and select 'Run as administrator'.

farag

farag
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 27-July 15

I know. I want to enable it via settings to lanch it as Administrator only from pinned command line in Start.

Edited by farag, Yesterday, 12:40 AM.

roirraWedorehT

roirraWedorehT

• PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Joined 09-December 06

I know. I want to enable it via settings to lanch it as Administrator only from pinned command line in Start.

Can you create a shortcut to the command shell, then change the properties of the shortcut to always run it as Admin, then click OK so that everytime you use the shortcut it'll run it as Admin, like you can with other programs?

farag

farag
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 27-July 15

No! I want to start cmd as Administrator only from StartIsBack++ app, not always (I know how to enable loading cmd always with an administrator privilege). Also I think, it would be very nice to add feature to your own app links in menu like regedit or something like this (with adding your own or system icon to it).

roirraWedorehT

roirraWedorehT

• PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Joined 09-December 06

No! I want to start cmd as Administrator only from StartIsBack++ app, not always (I know how to enable loading cmd always with an administrator privilege). Also I think, it would be very nice to add feature to your own app links in menu like regedit or something like this (with adding your own or system icon to it).

I just double checked this and only when you launch it using the shortcut that you configured to have run as Admin will it run as Admin.  You can create two shortcuts and rename them "Cmd as Admin" and "Cmd".

Detection

Detection

• 13 posts
  • Joined 23-July 12

Um, right click it > run as Admin

• roirraWedorehT likes this

roirraWedorehT

roirraWedorehT

• PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Joined 09-December 06

Um, right click it > run as Admin

http://www.msfn.org/...-4#entry1103655

farag

farag
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 27-July 15

OK. Never mind. :(

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Windows 10, bacon flavoured, asbestos free, no GMO

16 user(s) are reading this topic

3 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users

xxdans, stelian88, Davidmo