Caption color setting affecting text in Alcohol 120% dialogs

Just found a strange bug, not sure whether it's Aero Glass, Alcohol 120% or combination of both. Anyway, in Alcohol 120%, the text in dialogs get the same color as window captions. Obviously, the bug is not noticable if caption color is set to default black.

post-406417-0-91403400-1435604247_thumb.post-406417-0-45054300-1435604529_thumb.post-406417-0-42992400-1435604976_thumb.

I haven't noticed it in any other application though. Any comments regarding this behavior?

Yes, I do. I took it from main site and Process Hacker 2 also confirms it's loaded with basically every process (32-bit version for x86 processeses and 64-bit version for x86_64 processes). It might just be something funky with Alcohol 120%, but it's still strange. Oh and, if you change caption color while Alcohol 120% is running, only window title color change, but after restart of the program, the affected text will get that same color too.

Then this is the limitation which cannot be easily fixed. UxThemeSignatureBypass hooks DrawThemeTextEx to modify text parameters on window caption but it is not possible to differentiate if application calls this function for another texts.

Good to know it only happens because the application uses that API function in a way it probably shouldn't. Well, if somebody encounters something similar in some other application, at least we know why it happens.

I played with Compatibility Administrator a bit and applied WinXPSP3VersionLie shim to Alcohol.exe and guess what, that made menus look different, kinda oldschool and fixed the text. Looks like it checks operating system version then according to that information uses different APIs and/or uses some in a different way to draw stuff. And since Windows XP doesn't have DrawThemeTextEx function, it doesn't attempt to use it.