Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

D-Link DCS-7010L HD security camera on Win98SE

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

farfigs11

farfigs11

Junior

• Pip
  • 73 posts
  • Joined 29-October 12

I had access to this recent purchase so I decided why not try it on Win98se.

I was able to view live feed using Firefox 3.6 and Opera 12 via the ethernet connection.  Camera settings are accessible using browser.  The video is set to highest 1280x800 and 30fps but runs choppy in browser.  It says requirements are IE 7, firefox 3.5 or higher ect.  So I tried on IE6-was asked to install d-link codec-after allowing it, the video ran smooth at HD setting- much to my surprise.  The codec is about 6mb- I don't have the specifics right now.  I suppose Firefox and Opera would need a plugin or codec to run smoothly.   I was using 2.0ghz Pentium M laptop with wireless N adapter.  However, I ran on a RJ45 connected computer and IE6 crashed before displaying video feed.  Camera firmware date is 2007

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users