Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Realtek HDA strangely refuses to work on Win2k

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

AnX

AnX

Fighting for the right to OS since 2010

• PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Joined 20-June 12

This is quite a weird issue regarding Win2k on my system. i have it installed on the HDD. Now the M5a99fx pro r2.0 motherboard that I run is very similar to Phenomic's Sabertooth 990FX r2.0 board which ran 2k's audio just fine. If it helps, i cant run VGA as my GPU isn't supported at all. Will be moving to NVidia for that.

So the problem goes as is. The installer runs, installes said device, then reboots. But the actual audio doesn't work, despite the device being present and all. This is an updated Win2k with UUR and all that. I also got my TL-WN722N working great from a Win2k driver from 2010. But the Audio strangely has problems.

Any help?

Edited by AnX, Today, 06:10 AM.

AMD FX-8320 8-core CPU (OC to 4.4GHz) with Hyper 212 Evo, ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Motherboard, 8GB 1600 RAM, 60GB SSD (OS) and 500GB HDD (Storage), Sapphire R7 260X 2GB Graphics Card, 620W Seasonic S12II, CM HAF 912 case.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

bluebolt

bluebolt

• PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Joined 11-March 13

Which driver did you try?  Does everything look okay in Control Panel / Sounds and Audio Devices?

My Z-77 Biostar boards also have the Realtek ALC892 audio chipset, and there’s never been any problem with W2K Pro.  When I first bought those boards, Biostar offered a Windows 2000 driver, but somewhere along the way (sigh…) they not only dropped W2K support from their latest audio driver download, but didn’t even keep the old driver available.  Fortunately I hung on to it.  I wonder if Phenomic used an older ASUS audio driver, e.g. 2012/08/15?

I would think the Realtek R2.74 executable (from the Realtek site) would work as well.  What is the nature of the failure?  No audio at all?  Intermittent?

AnX

AnX

• PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Joined 20-June 12

I have fixed the audio problem by installing thew BWC extended kernel.

:thumbup

Now if only we had VGA...

z18mZbY.jpg

AMD FX-8320 8-core CPU (OC to 4.4GHz) with Hyper 212 Evo, ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Motherboard, 8GB 1600 RAM, 60GB SSD (OS) and 500GB HDD (Storage), Sapphire R7 260X 2GB Graphics Card, 620W Seasonic S12II, CM HAF 912 case.

AnX

AnX

• PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Joined 20-June 12

Looks like the problem has crept up again. When I tried to install a driver for the GPU audio, the Reaktek audio quit and i can't get it up anymore. I've tried the previous methods without any success.

bluebolt

bluebolt

• PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Joined 11-March 13

This is an updated Win2k with UUR and all that.

I have fixed the audio problem by installing thew BWC extended kernel.

If you installed BWC’s kernel on top of the extended kernel already included in UUR, that has been known to cause problems.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

AnX