Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Best operating system choice for a 32mb laptop?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~

~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 19-August 15

A while ago I found an old laptop with an intel pentium 1 @ 133ghz and some software which was meant for Windows 3.1 and 95 inside my Grandparents' attic. I have a question before I reinstall a 9x os since the laptop has a virus (I happened to find a Windows 95B & plus, Windows 98SE disc)

Has anyone here ever used one of these OSes on 32mb of ram or a similar amount? I'm wondering if Windows 98 "Degrades preformance" since hardware requirements are a bit higher.

Anything else important would be appreciated, thank you

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

netbookdelgob

netbookdelgob

Junior

• Pip
  • 61 posts
  • Joined 14-February 15

Well, i have a toshiba satellite 320cds with 32mb ram, but a pentium mmx 266mhz, 98SE runs fine, even with a ton of programs installed. Also ME runs fine.

submix8c

submix8c

Inconceivable!

• Patrons
  • 4,615 posts
  • Joined 14-September 05

KInd of slim pickings (the RAM). 98SE would "work" but 95B would "fit better". Try both. What's to lose? KISS on the "extras".

Someday the tyrants will be unthroned... Jason "Jay" Chasteen; RIP, bro!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users