New Yahoo

babis

Rumors have it that yahoo will be launching a new layout within a few days... (mid-june)

Does anyone around here still use yahoo? even care?

I actually still use it yahoo a lot.. and I'm looking forward to the new changes....

heck they've used the same design since I had internet access ('97)

maybe if they stopped paying for advertisements around world cup football pitches and on the side of aeroplanes etc they wouldnt need to foist more and more banners and junk onto you?

actually.. it looks pretty good... I was thinking they were going to go overboard..

but I didn't notice much change.... still it looks more refreshing.. thanks for the heads up Dazza!

i think its total shi... well you know...

a company like yahoo couldnt afford a decent web designing company... *sigh*

cheap bast... :rolleyes:

i think why they keep it very simple is so that they don't use so many images which make it fast..

hence Google, almost no images on their site, no wonder it is one of the fastest sites i have been to :)

from http://yahoopops.sourceforge.net:

Yahoo! Mail disabled free access to its POP3 service in April 2002. YahooPOPs! is an open-source initiative to provide free POP3 access to your Yahoo! Mail account. YahooPOPs! is available on the Windows and Unix platforms. This application emulates a POP3 server and enables popular email clients like Outlook, Netscape, Eudora, Mozilla, Calypso, etc., to download email from Yahoo! accounts. We do not go against the license agreements of Yahoo! Mail. This application is completely legitimate and well within the realms of legal software. How do we do it you ask? Well, this application is more like a gateway. It provides a POP3 server interface at one end to talk to email clients and an HTTP client (browser) interface at the other which allows it to talk to Yahoo!