Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.4.1

bigmuscle

1 minute ago, bigmuscle said:

You cannot use Aero Glass with WindowBlinds. Aero Glass is extension for DWM rendering, but WB disables DWM D3D rendering on windows and replaces it with its own GDI routines.

Aah oke np I will uninstall Aero glass for now then and use it on my other computer :)

Hi guys! Hi developer! Can somebody tell me, how much should I donate to get full version of this app (without watermark)? I can't find any info about this on glass8.eu. Please answer me, I want to buy this app!

33 minutes ago, ZloY SloN said:

Hi guys! Hi developer! Can somebody tell me, how much should I donate to get full version of this app (without watermark)? I can't find any info about this on glass8.eu. Please answer me, I want to buy this app!

This info is not on the site because it is an donation to support the Developer ! Not to buy the program actualy :P but choose an fair amount and you will be happy !

2 hours ago, ZloY SloN said:

Last year it was 3 EUR for 2 keys, not sure if you can donate less. By the way, there are hints on Support page on bigmuscle's website (3 / 5 / 10... EUR) so this is probably preferred amounts.

Edited by MDJ

Hi to all! I noticed a bug! When window becomes inactive, the frame around it changes its color to dark grey instead of white! Please look at attached screenshot. Is there any way to fix this issue? This issue appeared in Win 10 build 10586. When I used build 10240 and AeroGlass 1.4.1 there was no problem. Please help!

grey border.jpg

Edited by ZloY SloN

Strange, there used to be a time when I'd face the same problem but only if I'd use default VS from Windows 10. Now everything seems to work correctly.

5 hours ago, ZloY SloN said:

Hi to all! I noticed a bug! When window becomes inactive, the frame around it changes its color to dark grey instead of white! Please look at attached screenshot. Is there any way to fix this issue? This issue appeared in Win 10 build 10586. When I used build 10240 and AeroGlass 1.4.1 there was no problem. Please help!

grey border.jpg

Yeah I get that too if I leave Install Aero Theme checked during install. Best option is to uninstall it, then run the install again but make sure you UNCHECK Install Aero Theme.

4 hours ago, Nutrynion said:

Yeah I get that too if I leave Install Aero Theme checked during install. Best option is to uninstall it, then run the install again but make sure you UNCHECK Install Aero Theme.

I have found better solution! Installed UXThemePatcher and replaced default Windows theme with another one! Grey border has gone. I'm really happy now))

3 hours ago, ZloY SloN said:

I have found better solution! Installed UXThemePatcher and replaced default Windows theme with another one! Grey border has gone. I'm really happy now))

It's better to copy the VS to a new folder instead of replacing original one in case one of future Windows updates breaks custom VS support.

On 3/22/2016 at 1:45 AM, Nutrynion said:

I didn't think the uxthemepatcher was working for windows 10.

There's a method that involves replacing the theme server files (themeui, uxinit, uxtheme) with RTM versions and then using UXstyle to use themes.

I've installed latest "Aero Glass" on clean Windows 10 LTSB 2015 on VMWare Workstation 12 and got this result:

Снимок.PNG

First question is why three window control buttons on top right of the window fill all window header from up to down? Should not they look like they look in windows 7 and 8? (3/4 of the aero window header height).

Another question is why the aero window header stays white while other window border part inherits color from start menu color and task panel color?

VMware causes these problems or everybody else has the same look of windows in Windows 10?

Cannot reinstall my OS now so I can test it only on virtual machine.

3 hours ago, Loalcat said:

I've installed latest "Aero Glass" on clean Windows 10 LTSB 2015 on VMWare Workstation 12 and got this result:

Снимок.PNG

First question is why three window control buttons on top right of the window fill all window header from up to down? Should not they look like they look in windows 7 and 8? (3/4 of the aero window header height).

Another question is why the aero window header stays white while other window border part inherits color from start menu color and task panel color?

VMware causes these problems or everybody else has the same look of windows in Windows 10?

Cannot reinstall my OS now so I can test it only on virtual machine.

The caption buttons are like that by default in Win10.

6 hours ago, Loalcat said:

It's not a limitation from using a VM.  You just haven't quite completed everything you need to set up.  This is what my VMware Win 10 VM looks like:

Win10AGInVM.png

I suggest you install the Testing version of GUI application to modify Aero Glass parameters available for download on this page:

http://www.glass8.eu/download.html

With that tool you can both set an alternate theme atlas (mine's here if you like it), and also change colors.

I also alter the sizes of the various parts of the chrome (e.g., the title bar) with these commands:

REG ADD "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics" /f /v "BorderWidth"         /t REG_SZ /d "0" >nul
	REG ADD "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics" /f /v "CaptionHeight"       /t REG_SZ /d "-255" >nul
	REG ADD "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics" /f /v "CaptionWidth"        /t REG_SZ /d "-225" >nul
	REG ADD "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics" /f /v "IconSpacing"         /t REG_SZ /d "-885" >nul
	REG ADD "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics" /f /v "IconVerticalSpacing" /t REG_SZ /d "-1095" >nul
	REG ADD "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics" /f /v "MenuHeight"          /t REG_SZ /d "-225" >nul
	REG ADD "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics" /f /v "MenuWidth"           /t REG_SZ /d "-225" >nul
	REG ADD "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics" /f /v "PaddedBorderWidth"   /t REG_SZ /d "1" >nul
	REG ADD "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics" /f /v "ScrollHeight"        /t REG_SZ /d "-225" >nul
	REG ADD "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics" /f /v "ScrollWidth"         /t REG_SZ /d "-225" >nul
	REG ADD "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics" /f /v "SmCaptionHeight"     /t REG_SZ /d "-255" >nul
	REG ADD "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics" /f /v "SmCaptionWidth"      /t REG_SZ /d "-255" >nul

-Noel