When I try to edit basebrd.dll.mui and save changes, nothing is saved.

Opticork

Hello.

As the tittle says, I am having trouble editing basebrd.dll.mui. I use Resourse Hacker and when I save changes and restart the computer, nothing is changed.  :blink:

Any suggestions how to save changes will be greatly appreciated!  :D

Edited by Opticork

You'll have to first take ownership of basebrd.dll.mui. To do this, download and install this: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-take-ownership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/

After doing so, save the modified basebrd.dll.mui to the desktop, and then replace it by deleting or renaming the original basebrd.dll.mui to basebrd.dll.mui.old, and copy the new one there in its place. I think the changes will take effect immediately without restarting but you can restart if they don't. 

You'll have to first take ownership of basebrd.dll.mui. To do this, download and install this: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-take-ownership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/

After doing so, save the modified basebrd.dll.mui to the desktop, and then replace it by deleting or renaming the original basebrd.dll.mui to basebrd.dll.mui.old, and copy the new one there in its place. I think the changes will take effect immediately without restarting but you can restart if they don't. 

This is exactly what I did. :huh:  I take ownership and than... bla bla bla... 100% the same thing.

It doesn't give me error or something. The changes just doens't apply. I tryed it over 10 times without any success. :no:

Any other ideas? :thumbup

Edited by Opticork