No preview thumbnails of images in explorer

marcooleo

I have somehow lost the function to see thumbs of images in any explorer window.

I can not see anywhere to enable it.

It would be highly appreciated if someone have a solution to this issue, since it is very timeconsuming for me to rightclick on every image and select preview when i am sorting pictures.

What kind(s) of images?

You can of course get a commercial codec pack that will render thumbnails for any kinds of images.  I use (and like) the FastPictureViewer Codec Pack.  It's not free.

-Noel

All images, cannot find anywhere to bring back the thumbs

I have somehow lost the function to see thumbs of images in any explorer window.

I can not see anywhere to enable it.

It would be highly appreciated if someone have a solution to this issue, since it is very timeconsuming for me to rightclick on every image and select preview when i am sorting pictures.

Don't U have those options?

oQ12hNJ.png

Are you seeing thumbnails of JPEG files?  Please post a screenshot showing what you DO see.

Just to be clear, Windows only comes with codecs for a few image types - e.g., JPEGs and a few others.

If you want to be able to see thumbnails for (or show previews for) most types of images, for example raw files from your camera, or other less common image types like .psd or whatever, you NEED to add a codec pack.

That being said, I think that at one time Microsoft and/or camera makers had released raw file codec packs (that would display, for example, Canon .cr2 image thumbnails).  Whether those are available for Windows 10 I do not know.

As I mentioned, there are commercial codec packs (FastPictureViewer, Ardfry, and possibly others), and there's at least one free (I think) codec pack out there called Sage Thumbs (if memory serves).

This is what I see in Windows 10 with the commercial codec pack I mentioned:

ThumbnailsOfVariousTypes.png

-Noel

You should do as follow:

1/ Windows Explorer --> View --> Options --> Change folder and search options --> View --> untick "Always shows icons, never thumbnails" --> OK.

2/ Control Panel --> System --> Advanced system settings --> Advanced --> Perfomance --> Settings... --> Visual Effects --> Custom --> tick "Show thumbnails instead of icons --> OK.