Malwarebytes-is older better?

I've used Malwarebytes free for the last few years now and it's great for catching things Spybot and antivirus scanners might miss.  On Windows 2000 installs, I've used the older 1.75 installation which can still get updates-my question is, is that version still good for XP as well?  I have the current version which has big bright graphics and seems more cumbersome, would 1.75 work just as well for XP sp3/2003?  Or are there vital things in the new version that would make it worth retaining?

Btw, I'm also using CCleaner Free 4.13.4693 which works great-is there anything above that you would reccommend-or is that a suitable version for XP as well?

Probably not much help but I'm still using the older version 1.75 with Windows XP SP3 ... I just didn't like the new version look and there was something else that the newer version was lacking over the older version ... but I can't think of it at this moment. Someone had mentioned it in another forum.

The older version still seems to work very well with XP. Maybe others will have more to say on the subject.

vinifera ... you don't have to upgrade when getting database updates for the older version, you need to take out the checkmarks under the "Settings " tab.

Go to "Settings" ... then go to "Updater Settings" and uncheck :

Download and install program update if available ...

I also uncheck:

Notify me when a program update is ready for installation

I can get database updates for the older version and no "program updates" are downloaded ... nothing is changed except for the newer database updates.

monroe

Edited by monroe

• 1 year later...

I posted this over at sevenforums.com.  I was told that most of the improvement that went into v2x was UI and stability related, and that most of the detection and cleaning ability in v1.75 was still as good. I wonder if two years later (since this thread was last posted in), is this still the case?

https://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/240099-latest-version-malwarebytes-133.html

• 4 months later...