Refresh rate - help for my monitor

roger04

http://www.samsung.com/au/products/monitor...aster753dfx.asp

I'm not good at all these monitor stuffs. I had tried b4 to set my refresh rate to higher value then I got the message "out of sync". Now I'm not daring to set it right. I need some help how to set the correct RR for my Samsung 753dfx monitor and also how to set it back to right when I get "out of sync".

Thanks!

Don't set it higher than 65hz when running at 1280x1024

Don't set it higher than 85hz when running at 1024x768

That's the guide that is specified in the specification page on the link you gave. When changing refresh rates for your monitor, click Apply and obviously, if the monitor craps out or you get a blank screen you've set it wrong. Just wait - don't do anything like hit your keyboard or click your mouse in fustration...Windows will revert back automatically if it detects you're doing nothing ((it guesses you screwed up and can't see anything)).

Thansk for reply Cdog :)

1 noobie question here. What is the refresh rate for? does it makes any differences when changed high>low or visa versa?

The higher the better, about 85 Hz is just right. If it's lower you'll get dizzy after a few hours of being in front of your computer.

Indeed of help again. I've set my RR to 75 hz. When I set to 85 the graphics seems a lil blurry compared to 60/70 hz the fonts r much clearer/sharper. How do I know which one is best?

BTW, I realise some horizontal lines strike over horizontal screen at sometimes. I've updates my driver, could this be the prob?