compaq presario v2630us questions

cov3rt

i have been trying to find sources to mention cpu support / upgrade options for the compaq presario hp v2630us laptop but basically found nothing. the only new source i found recently was the motherboard model which apparently is quanta 3093, but even searching for that board did not bring up anything useful. this particular laptop is a good candidate for windows 98SE, it has the beige / white old school color scheme that i like, 14" screen which is not too big, not too small, making it good for shipping, and has most driver support, mobility x200 driver works using catalyst 6.2, has audio driver, ethernet, etc, but if i plan on using it again, i would like use something a little more powerful than the turion 64 ml-34 cpu, i would like to use if possible, the turion 64 mt-40 as it also uses less wattage too. the bios that i currently have on the laptop is f.25, which according to everest home edition 1.51, shows the system bios date as 4-03-06. f.26 and f.27 on hp's site are listed for the exact model i have, which is ET933UA#ABA, but don't specify information on new processor support and only work in windows xp or newer to update the bios. i searched ebay for v2630us boards which only are am2 sockets with sata but mine has pata ports and is socket 754. i think someone else tried to upgrade their cpu to one of the same voltage on a different laptop with i think the same board but it didn't work out.