Official - Windows 10 Worst Crap Ever!

bookie32

On 16/09/2016 at 5:52 AM, MikeyV said:

Its all about what theyre targeting imo. Try to upgrade your PC to a phone or tablet. <_<

Aside from all the internety integration stuff, this is the major flaw with Win10 as a product.

There is no alternative to things being dumbed down for professional users. MS seem to think everyone professional just draws circles and arrows pointing to things on a picture on a Surface using their finger, or tinkers all day.

Little consideration is made for people who spend 8hrs a day pushing pixels and rendering, expecting them to sit through updates, scans etc, or interrupting a quick reboot for two hours for an update at a critical time!

Increasingly the basic install is further and further away from what Windows users want and classically got. A user operated computer operating system. We now get an autonomous computer system.

Win8 and Win10 were really not "Windows" in the classic lineage, they were a new line.

Win 7 still hasn't been superseded by a program that moves it forward without changing the core purpose for end users.

£100 for an unopened Win7Pro Retail is looking like an essential buy right now because despite my hopes, Win10 isn't getting better. It's kinda getting worse.

Edited by ProfessorUltraviolet

Imagine that the "oversimplification" disease in the minds of Microsoft management were somehow cured, and they released a worthy successor to Windows 7.  All business, everything "modern" set to be optional.  It would be traditionally licensed, it would work fine with a local account, it would make ALL cloud operations optional, it would push forward all the tenets of Windows 7 for serious business use and concentrate on increasing productivity on the desktop - which may include compatibility with Modern Apps, but certainly not be focused on them.  Everything "Windows As A Service" is not.  In short, it would continue to advance the state of the art in general purpose computing.

Every remaining Windows 7 user on the planet would pay for such an upgrade!  That's what, 500 million upgrades at a few hundred dollars a pop.  You could start a whole new country with that kind of cabbage.

Thing is, without having designed this into Windows 10, it'll never happen technically.

They made a MUCH larger decision than anyone realized by focusing simplistically on mobile to the exclusion of all else.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

So I wonder.  Will a school district switch to Win 10?  How will the tech maintain usable computers under Win 10?  Will Cloud based networks be used?  Won't that Cloud usage wipe out the bandwidth of the school network?  Will the school district MS contract give the techs control to manage the network traffic? To manage the software update insistence?  Even under a Win 7 a school district network was painfully slow for students and teachers where I worked.  Doesn't a Cloud based network slow all user activities?  What am I missing?  So when 50 students log on in their classroom in the first 5 minutes of the class and then wait 15 minutes to get logged in, isn't something wrong with this computer thing?  That's a scenario that I've observed many times on a Win 7 network.  Would it be magically better on a Win 10 network?

2 hours ago, BudwS said:

So I wonder.  Will a school district switch to Win 10?  How will the tech maintain usable computers under Win 10?  Will Cloud based networks be used?  Won't that Cloud usage wipe out the bandwidth of the school network?  Will the school district MS contract give the techs control to manage the network traffic? To manage the software update insistence?  Even under a Win 7 a school district network was painfully slow for students and teachers where I worked.  Doesn't a Cloud based network slow all user activities?  What am I missing?  So when 50 students log on in their classroom in the first 5 minutes of the class and then wait 15 minutes to get logged in, isn't something wrong with this computer thing?  That's a scenario that I've observed many times on a Win 7 network.  Would it be magically better on a Win 10 network?

It will become another budget item to fight over, as the school board and taxpayers are asked to shell out additional $$$ for more bandwidth to accommodate the increased snooping and other calls to the MSFT mother ship.

--JorgeA

2 hours ago, BudwS said:

Here I have see one university which have switched to Windows 10 so I have asked the tech guy (which I know well) and he has said that it's slower than 7 on the network. 20 min to log in while it was two time faster with 7....
He told me that he has tried to disable all telemetry stuff but having to redo it every time an update reset it is just a pain...

Edited by MTDirector

On 11/09/2015 at 1:50 AM, JodyT said:

Microsoft may not last, and this may be the beginning of the end for them.  But they need to be seen by their shareholders as entering the mobile apps space.  They need to be seen as using information as a way to draw growing revenue.

I agree, they didn't have to drag their desktop user market along for the ride though.

They now appear to have a huge succesful thriving 'app' market like Apple, and loads of 'mobile' users, but really it's all a big numbers scam for those same shareholders.

Reality will bite hard soon I hope.

People are dumb sheep, until they're not.

Once one of the big spyware houses like MS, Google or Apple get a big leak and people lose a good chunk of personal data, then the show will end abruptly I'd say.

Personally I don't think MS can go back now. The US government and Western governments in general have their hooks too deep into these traditional software offerings these days. They'll never want to give up the telemetry and spyware.

Which is exactly why an OS that is just that, a traditional OS, with no in-built anything, or cloud anything, will be the winner.

I'm sure it can't be far away now. The market for people who want that must be reaching fever pitch now. Linux Mint, people locking down Win10, all the other Linux distros, people staying back on Win7/8. The userbase is huge!

It is really sad that Microsoft has stooped so low as they have now....we as users really deserve better....just for a laugh can some one tell me when was the last moment that one could believe Microsoft as a company had ethics?

I just don't seem to have the time to keep up with everything....but obviously if Microsoft is having problems with their Windows 10...doesn't take a genius to realise that sending out updates that render Windows 7 as bad as Windows 10 can't be far off....if they haven't already happened.

Has anyone links to those really on the ball with what updates are doing what....and what to avoid Windows 7?

bookie32

2 hours ago, bookie32 said:

It is really sad that Microsoft has stooped so low as they have now....we as users really deserve better....just for a laugh can some one tell me when was the last moment that one could believe Microsoft as a company had ethics?

Right before the AARD code thing came out, JFYI:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AARD_code

jaclaz

Refreshing on the history behind AARD, i cant help but recall all the times i have read about someone having problems with an AMD card, and ending the thread with; Problem solved, i bought an nvidia card.

Makes you wonder.

As far as treatment of WINDOWS CUSTOMERS is concerned, Microsoft's ethics started to vanish after Windows XP shipped. They already had many broken features and coded badly designed ones in Windows Vista, 7 and 8 but at least third party apps could fix them so the system continued to work optimally as the customer wanted. Windows 10 is broken and hostile beyond the extent of third party apps fixing it to make it a decent experience. It's over. You can just forget Windows existed and change your career or something. :D

Edited by xpclient

7 hours ago, bookie32 said:

Though I was already disappointed in some things in Vista and 7, I truly lost faith when I first downloaded the preview build for Windows 8.  Then it was obvious the company had turned off the straight and narrow.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

On 11/24/2016 at 11:11 PM, BudwS said:

So I wonder.  Will a school district switch to Win 10?  How will the tech maintain usable computers under Win 10?  Will Cloud based networks be used?  Won't that Cloud usage wipe out the bandwidth of the school network?  Will the school district MS contract give the techs control to manage the network traffic?

This is already happening. Not just with schools. Many people have reported that putting multiple Windows 10 systems on their network is saturating their available bandwidth. And like a lot of things with Windows 10, the settings to change to prevent this from happening often does not work or change the situation.