Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

bookie32

Official - Windows 10 Worst Crap Ever!

9 hours ago, bookie32 said:

We are all aware of the fact that even purpose built computers for Windows 10 are experiencing problems with the crappy updates..."Crator's Edition" my arse! The couldn't create a p***** in a brewery....

bookie32

Nicely put!

Have you noticed any computer service degradation at places that you shop?  Like: "The computer is slow today." or "Wait, we needed to reboot the PC." or "The PC won't start."  When I hear these comments, my first thought is that the computer system was updated to Win 10.  US politics are sort of like W10 these days.  Many people are voting for Win 7, replace the Win 10's, as a result of the situation to get back to some stable politics (An analogy).  :unsure::cool:

Bud

Just throwing in my complaints.

1. DirectX and Nvidia drivers don't play well with each other, causing high DPC Latency, this issue was in Win 8 as well and affects even people with High End systems. The negative side effect of this is sluggish response from the system, causing audio stutters, sometimes making videos sound like a sound effect used in The Matrix.

2. No Windows Classic Shell. Seriously some people love the old Windows 9X look, myself included and I work in the Graphics Industry. I'd take it over the current look any day.

3. Windows Update...It always breaks, making me jump through hoops to get it working again. When it does work, it installs crap I don't want.

4. Windows Store, installs random crapware without my permission, uninstalled apps sometimes reappear. I don't even want Windows Store at all, will never buy anything from there.

5. XBox. I'm a gamer, but only on PC and only play games from Steam, GoG or Itch.io, i'll never buy a console. I don't want it on my workstation and even then it causes issues with game performance with it's crappy capture service.

6. Settings screens, whoever the UX designer was and their director was and those that signed off on the idea should be slapped. There is nothing wrong with the old control panel, I've managed to use it since my preteens in the 90's without hassle.

7. Accessing camera's, microphones, folders, personal information. No, just no, I don't trust it at all and refuse to ever accept it, no matter what their excuse.

8. UI customization has never felt this limited, can't scale the borders, can't change the font, colors etc easily. Have to resort to third party hacks.

9. The Apps, all terrible, only the Calculator is ever in use on my side, everything else has been replaced with Third Party tools. All of it makes me think of some bad Javascript based app made with Electron with minimal features.

10. I have to waste my time jumping through hoops to remove all this crap, disable components & services, change registry keys, downloading third party software, only to still sit with a bloated POS/OS that can't even run new hardware properly. Even Vista does a better job as an OS.

If only software devs would develop for FreeBSD or Linux...and maybe M$ could hire CS students that still see the value in programming in a language like C.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Spoopy said:

only the Calculator is ever in use on my side

Its funny, I went into a co-workers office one day he has Windows 10 on his workstation with multiple monitors. He had calculator opened on one of them and it was comically large! It took like 3/4 of the screen!

Even on the MS Store page, you can see how large it is in the example screenshots.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/windows-calculator/9wzdncrfhvn5

Now imagine how it looks, by default, on a 22" monitor! :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tripredacus said:

ts funny, I went into a co-workers office one day he has Windows 10 on his workstation with multiple monitors. He had calculator opened on one of them and it was comically large! It took like 3/4 of the screen!

Yes it is ridiculous, especially when using the other modes, it's very uncomfortable even on screens running 1366x768.

13 hours ago, Spoopy said:

Just throwing in my complaints.

1. DirectX and Nvidia drivers don't play well with each other, causing high DPC Latency, this issue was in Win 8 as well and affects even people with High End systems. The negative side effect of this is sluggish response from the system, causing audio stutters, sometimes making videos sound like a sound effect used in The Matrix.

2. No Windows Classic Shell. Seriously some people love the old Windows 9X look, myself included and I work in the Graphics Industry. I'd take it over the current look any day.

3. Windows Update...It always breaks, making me jump through hoops to get it working again. When it does work, it installs crap I don't want.

4. Windows Store, installs random crapware without my permission, uninstalled apps sometimes reappear. I don't even want Windows Store at all, will never buy anything from there.

5. XBox. I'm a gamer, but only on PC and only play games from Steam, GoG or Itch.io, i'll never buy a console. I don't want it on my workstation and even then it causes issues with game performance with it's crappy capture service.

6. Settings screens, whoever the UX designer was and their director was and those that signed off on the idea should be slapped. There is nothing wrong with the old control panel, I've managed to use it since my preteens in the 90's without hassle.

7. Accessing camera's, microphones, folders, personal information. No, just no, I don't trust it at all and refuse to ever accept it, no matter what their excuse.

8. UI customization has never felt this limited, can't scale the borders, can't change the font, colors etc easily. Have to resort to third party hacks.

9. The Apps, all terrible, only the Calculator is ever in use on my side, everything else has been replaced with Third Party tools. All of it makes me think of some bad Javascript based app made with Electron with minimal features.

10. I have to waste my time jumping through hoops to remove all this crap, disable components & services, change registry keys, downloading third party software, only to still sit with a bloated POS/OS that can't even run new hardware properly. Even Vista does a better job as an OS.

If only software devs would develop for FreeBSD or Linux...and maybe M$ could hire CS students that still see the value in programming in a language like C.

Very well said. There are many, many more issues but you covered most of them. If I get started, I'll run out of time to criticize this Windows 10 monstrosity. I can't believe how much this degenerate system has devolved from my beloved Windows XP Professional. It is out of control !!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I hate how W10 condescends to the user and it honestly feels like a bunch of HTML/JS hipster-built apps cobbled together on top of the NT 6 kernel with unfitting and seemingly random interfaces that demands an always-on connection to mine your data.

• Like 2