ModernFrame replacement

bigmuscle

I'm creating a separate topic for discussion about ModernFrame.dll. Use this topic only and, please, no off-topic.

The current version is available here: http://www.glass8.eu/out/ModernFrame-18.12.2015.7z

There is a known bug that caption title/buttons are not correctly colored according to the selected color of the frame.

Use old AppInit_DLLs method to install it. This requires secure boot to be off. There is currently no other way to correctly install it, but I'm still inspecting it.

• 3 months later...

Just an FYI and not complaining about it not working in an experimental build :)

This ModernFrame.dll does not work in build 14291 of Win10 RS1.
At least it's not working for me.

Anyone else?

-DW

Edited by Dreamweaver01

Yea, it does not work properly.  I removed it from the registry.  We must wait until consumer release of rs1 I am afraid for things to be resolved.  There are simply too many changes right now.  There is at least one release each week, and we can only wait.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RaphaelGreen said:

How can I fix this notification ? 

Hide contents

0a06c1a1318841b1ade57ce15bf296ca.png

I had this same window appear every time I opened any modern app, ie: settings, system, personalization...etc.   If I closed the cmd window, then the system app window would close too.  I just deleted the modernframe.dll from aeroglass folder and it went away...along with aeroglass on modern apps.  I still have aero, just not on any modern apps.

9 hours ago, RaphaelGreen said:

How can I fix this notification ? 

Reveal hidden contents

0a06c1a1318841b1ade57ce15bf296ca.png

As others have mentioned already, this is the debug console from BM's debug version of aeroglass. To elaborate on what BM said by there's nothing to fix, this is normal functionality for that dll and it causes no problems with your computer aside from an extra window opening up. As a work around I've found that you can technically close it without closing your app(s) by opening the task manager and ending the conhost.exe process after the window appears; you can open your apps afterwards and it shouldn't pop up again (confirmed for the system settings app though not for anything else).