Outlook open gmail account

mike13

I have been using Microsoft Outlook for years and I like the look of it. I am currently using Outlook 2013.

I recently opened a gmail account, but I do not like the look of it. Can I use Outlook 2013 to get my g mails?

Would it be as simple as opening up Outlook 2013 and then ADD AN ACCOUNT ?? Thanks, Mike

HELP... I Printed out the instructions at the link you furnished. I first opened up my Gmail account, and configured Gmail to work with Outlook, following steps 1 -5. Then I closed that and opened up Outlook 2013, and followed steps 1 to 15. At that point Outlook was supposed to TEST the connection. It did nothing but spin around for about 2 minutes, so I closed everything. Then I tried to open up Outlook 2013. A screen come up that says Internet E-Mail mjlw1230@gmail.com   Enter your user name and password for the following server.

SERVER.    is filled in with  imap.gmail.com

USER NAME    is filled in with mjlw1230@Gmail.com

PASSWORD   is filled in with  xxxxxx

There is a box that says Save this password in your password list, which I check. Then there are two boxes below. One says OK, if I click that box, the screen disappears for a second and returns. I tried this several times. Same result. If I click the other box that says CANCEL. the screen goes away, and I see a screen for Outlook, and it says loading profile or something like that, but it never finishes. After about 4 minutes I get the screen that starts with Internet E-Mail mjlw1230@Gmail.com.  At this point, I would just like to open up Outlook and REMOVE that Gmail account, but I can't.  Help please.  Mike

Update.  I was finally able to get Outlook 2013 open. I was able to DELETE that Gmail account I had tried to setup. All is well now. I was interested in setting up a Gmail account because I was thinking about changing my Internet provider, but that fell through. So I will just keep my email address at my Internet Provider. Thanks, Mike