please help me finding MSI Z170A Gaming M7 driver for XP 32bit

Dibya

Yesterday I bought a mobo with few spares and a gennuine XP sealed Package but I am facing problem finding drivers

please any one help me please.

My specs ::

Processor:: Intel Core i7-6700k

Motherboard:: MSI Z170A Gaming 7

RAM :: Cosair Vengeance(2x8GB) CMK -8GX4M1A2400C14R

HDD:: WD WD30EZRX 3TB (No problem I will manage it trought RAID5)

SSD:: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 256GB

GFX CARD:: MSI NVDIA GTX 980TI GAMING 6G

SOUNDCARD::ASUS XONAR D2X7.1

gUYS/gals please help me I have spent lot of my money in it, My three month isalary was spent.

Please help me

My advice is simple, sell your unsupported operating system and spend that money on a supported operating system instead.

I see no benefit in running a system whose core OS is so outdated that it requires a never ending battle in order to maintain compatibility with up to date hardware and software technologies.

My advice is simple, sell your unsupported operating system and spend that money on a supported operating system instead.

I see no benefit in running a system whose core OS is so outdated that it requires a never ending battle in order to maintain compatibility with up to date hardware and software technologies.

Are you implying that the old, obsolete, unsupported, OS has the same market value as a new, supported one? :dubbio:

;)

@Dibya

Seriously, if you want to run XP, you should find a motherboard that has XP drivers, that MSI seems like a very recent one and it is unlikely that drivers for XP for it exist at all. :(

Since there are drivers for 7, it would be much smarter to procure a Windows 7 license, it makes little sense anyway to have XP (32 bit) on a motherboard with 16 Gb of Ram (you didn't specify it, but if you have a XP x64 license then you should know how the 64 bit version of XP never was "mainstream" as at the time people with suitable machines were very few).

jaclaz

Are you implying that the old, obsolete, unsupported, OS has the same market value as a new, supported one? :dubbio:

;)

Not exactly, however the cost difference between the driver unsupported OS and the OS with supported drivers will be small, and even if they weren't a 2Tb or even 1Tb HDD or alternatively just simply less RAM with all other components remaining the same would have at least meant a fully working system.

As I intimated previously it makes no sense to run an ageing/hacked OS on recent hardware and expect it to work without issue using software designed for that hardware

Have to agree. USB3, HDMI,  (etc. etc)...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130872

http://us.msi.com/product/motherboard/Z170A-GAMING-M7.html#hero-overview

You'll find few (if any) drivers for XP (either x86 or x64). Windows 7 is fast disappearing (even on Amazon), so...

Great rig, wrong OS. :(

Google

"windows 7" india
doesn't leave much more than in the U.S.A.

Home Premium x64 @ roughly RS7,000 and Ultimate double that.

If I understand correctly, that's roughly $100-$200 USD. (typical price)

Worse, I see an XP Pro x86 for the same price. :crazy:

Sorry, Dibya, you'll have to take the bull by the horns on this one...

;)

@Dibya

Seriously, if you want to run XP, you should find a motherboard that has XP drivers, that MSI seems like a very recent one and it is unlikely that drivers for XP for it exist at all. :(

Since there are drivers for 7, it would be much smarter to procure a Windows 7 license, it makes little sense anyway to have XP (32 bit) on a motherboard with 16 Gb of Ram (you didn't specify it, but if you have a XP x64 license then you should know how the 64 bit version of XP never was "mainstream" as at the time people with suitable machines were very few).

jaclaz

I had thought to use PAE patch for RAM

Google

"windows 7" india
doesn't leave much more than in the U.S.A.

Home Premium x64 @ roughly RS7,000 and Ultimate double that.

If I understand correctly, that's roughly $100-$200 USD. (typical price)

Worse, I see an XP Pro x86 for the same price. :crazy:

Sorry, Dibya, you'll have to take the bull by the horns on this one...

In India when something go old it become cheaper.

In kolkata ,Windows XP prox86 cost only Rs 2300 whereas win7ultimate systembuilder cost about

Rs. 7,800.00.

I had thought to use PAE patch for RAM

Yep :yes:, but that would be "fun" :).

The whole point that a lot of people misses IMHO is that there is EITHER a *need* for more than 4 Gb of Ram (or 3.85 or whatever the 32 bit OS will be able to actually accesss) OR there is not this *need*.

Any and all "normal" activities on a PC can be carried within the 3.x Gb of RAM, and this does mean "any and all normal activities".

Then, if you use a lot of high end, professional or semi-professional software and ONLY IF you use those, like as an example software for graphic processing or photos, or you do video editing or CAD/CAM (and rendering) or, say, forensics to name a few, THEN the 4 Gb starts representing a real world limitation, BUT what you really need apart the larger amount of RAM is an absolute (or at least very, very high) stability of the OS, you don't want to have a crash when 3/4th into a rendering session or halfway through a video animation.

You do not really *need* to have 231 sessions of Chrome open :no:, rarely a Word or Excel document exceeds 5 Mb (megabytes, not gigabytes) in size, etc., and IF you need to have that then you need a stable system.

jaclaz

Any way I succeded.

My MSI Mobo Every driver is present in my XP.

I have moded ahci driver and added my own txtsetup.oem (mode with Device id from scratch) and driverpack lan succesfully detected my LAN Driver.

Added Extra pci Asmedia USB 3.0 card from my old rig, Moded intel inf chipset hey again I have installed it now only problem is Graphix card ,after little bit web sutfing ,Again i got Driver for Nvdia GTX  driver ::http://www.kaminata.net/forum/download-modded-working-gtx-980-970-960-drivers-for-windows-xp-newest-version-347-52-older-versions-available-t92695.html

Any way I have no choyes because my old software never work with vista up which is biggest headache otherwise i should leave 15year old os .

Thanks for helping.

I'm sorry, but I simply see no use in running Windows XP on this sort of hardware. If anything you're gonna run into tons of compatibility problems. You're better off getting Windows 7 x64, and thereafter running Windows XP in a virtual machine.

• 2 weeks later...

@dibya you have done your work i just want to say the specs mentioned is too high for XP

Processor:: Intel Core i7-6700k

Motherboard:: MSI Z170A Gaming 7

RAM :: Cosair Vengeance(2x8GB) CMK -8GX4M1A2400C14R

HDD:: WD WD30EZRX 3TB (No problem I will manage it trought RAID5)

SSD:: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 256GB

GFX CARD:: MSI NVDIA GTX 980TI GAMING 6G

SOUNDCARD::ASUS XONAR D2X7.1

Did you try that the old software functioning on VM if yes prefer VM for these things

the above specs is much good so you can use it for best performance

@Anx

recently i saw some guys(i did system serving to them before 8 years) still need only windows 98 to run their softwares which are not compatible for XP though.

• 2 weeks later...