Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Weird clicking sound from head's working, and error 1009 seagate b

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

dabome

dabome
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 03-January 16

I have seagate baraccuda 7200.11 hardisk. First i had bsy bug, and i tried to resolve it with steps i found herehttps://sites.google...ite/seagatefix/ , but when it comes to command "U" to spin up, it gives me error 1009. I cleaned piplines on PCB and all the rest. I noticed it have weird sound so i take video of head's working : https://youtu.be/aJ9-_036dAc What you think about simptoms?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Supervisor
  • 10,517 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

I thought it was a really bad idea to run an HDD with its cover removed. :unsure:

MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
office2016_sig_zps5dackl2h.jpg

jaclaz

jaclaz

The Finder

• Developer
  • 16,623 posts
  • Joined 23-July 04

I thought it was a really bad idea to run an HDD with its cover removed. :unsure:

Your thought is highly accurate :yes:.

Though the use of a "clean room" by the pro's is overrated (and often downright "invented", as in most cases, like 99.99% what is used is actually a laminar flow bench/cabinet/hood ) opening hard disk in a normal room is a pretty guaranteed way to have the hard disk cease to work.

@dabome
Rule #1 of hard disk recovery club is: "You do not open a hard disk."
Rule #2 of hard disk recovery club is: "You DO NOT open a hard disk."
Rule #3 is "Ok, we lied, you can open it, but ONLY in a controlled environment."

Unfortunately :( you can't do anything to fix that hard disk, and now that you have opened it, likely there is nothing that can be done for it, not even by a professional.

jaclaz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users