Instructions: Google Chrome End of Support Vista/XP

sdfox7

@Sampei.Nihira

All Chrome variants access to the certificate management of Windows, where it's known that this is completely out of date in Windows XP (Concretely takes the certificate management at least to the level of Windows 7 are brought) and for this reason can not be opened some encrypted websites. Compared Firefox has its own certificate management. What has surprised me even more is that the Slimjet browser should build on Chrome version 50.0.2661.75 and this works correctly on Windows XP! Oops, now I wonder have the Windows XP code implemented again at Slimjet? :blink:

:)

Edited by heinoganda

6 hours ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

The best is Firefox.

But FF does NOT play Videos for many websites (e.g. Twitter Videos). This subject has come up before. Dencorso (in e.g. XP) uses (sometimes) IE8 and (mostly) FireFox and (occasional for specific websites) Chrome.

I've confirmed this and currently still at FireFox v12 and *if* I want to view some (e.g.) Twitter Videos then I use Chrome. Many websites (CNN, Fox) have videos that refuse to play in Firefox (get a message that "Browser does not support").

So you see, many users prefer Chromium variations to get the full spectrum of abilities. Firefox has yet to "fix" this "problem".

HTH

10 hours ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

The best is Firefox.

3 hours ago, submix8c said:

But FF does NOT play Videos for many websites (e.g. Twitter Videos). This subject has come up before. Dencorso (in e.g. XP) uses (sometimes) IE8 and (mostly) FireFox and (occasional for specific websites) Chrome.

I've confirmed this and currently still at FireFox v12 and *if* I want to view some (e.g.) Twitter Videos then I use Chrome. Many websites (CNN, Fox) have videos that refuse to play in Firefox (get a message that "Browser does not support").

So you see, many users prefer Chromium variations to get the full spectrum of abilities. Firefox has yet to "fix" this "problem".

An undocumented solution has been found, that allows FF to play all kinds of videos... or, on other words, it has been fixed already!!! :yes:

Read all about it here: Enable MP4 (H.264 + AAC) HTML5 video in Firefox on Windows XP without Flash. cheerleader.gifcheerleader.gifcheerleader.gif

Isn't it great? We don't need Chrome for anything, anymore!!!  bounce8.gifbounce8.gif

20 hours ago, heinoganda said:

@Sampei.Nihira

All Chrome variants access to the certificate management of Windows, where it's known that this is completely out of date in Windows XP (Concretely takes the certificate management at least to the level of Windows 7 are brought) and for this reason can not be opened some encrypted websites. Compared Firefox has its own certificate management. What has surprised me even more is that the Slimjet browser should build on Chrome version 50.0.2661.75 and this works correctly on Windows XP! Oops, now I wonder have the Windows XP code implemented again at Slimjet? :blink:

Yes.

Chromium ver. 50.0.2661.75

Immagine.jpg

13 hours ago, dencorso said:

An undocumented solution has been found, that allows FF to play all kinds of videos... or, on other words, it has been fixed already!!! :yes:

Read all about it here: Enable MP4 (H.264 + AAC) HTML5 video in Firefox on Windows XP without Flash. cheerleader.gifcheerleader.gifcheerleader.gif

Isn't it great? We don't need Chrome for anything, anymore!!!  bounce8.gifbounce8.gif

:cool::)

@Dibya

Just got the famous message "This application was interrupted with Ctrl+C"! Vivaldi Version 1.1.453.59 and 1.2.490.3. What I'm thinking about the Chromium project, I summarize better not in words! :realmad::puke:

Edited by dencorso
"Strg+C" is German for "Ctrl+C" :-)

When talking about Vivaldi I am very angry, but it's unfortunately the way it is. Become observe any case the Slimjet browser, I think that there in the foreseeable future, forced manner Supports Windows XP will expire. (Here remains probably only Windows XP as "adapt" that Chrome works again!)
Now Firefox is officially at version 43.0.1 also closing for Windows XP, but here it was not so radical. Otherwise, the latest version of Firefox (46.0.1) works with EME unlock faultless for me and thus dodge a possibility. (releases)

Note:
sorry for my German gaffe.

Edited by heinoganda

41 minutes ago, heinoganda said:

Note:
sorry for my German gaffe.

It's OK! :yes:

We should start looking whether it's possible to port the "Primetime Content Decryption Module" to Pale Moon for Atom/XP, for the sake of future-proofing... of course, this is just my 2¢.

5 minutes ago, dencorso said:

We should start looking whether it's possible to port the "Primetime Content Decryption Module" to Pale Moon for Atom/XP, for the sake of future-proofing... of course

Good idea, going a little bit to test for the plugin.

does firefox 46 is last for XP?

FRiends , Guys there at cromium not working as opensoarce , they are forcing to buy new os.

User should have voice

APi Call GetThreadID is not having any useful function as per api reference.

They are making a barrier for XP and Vista.

Might they have taken some Money from MS / GOogle for doing SO.

Stop Supporting worlds third most used os is something that  making me believe there is something related to money.

Other way who wants Worlds second most Exploited Browser aka crome .Slugish which is made for eating Ram and CPu.

FireFox with primetime will kill Crome.

Edited by Dibya

I can't see anything on the Mozilla site that says or implies that Firefox 46 is the last for XP.

I was very impressed when I tried Slimjet 10 that it not only worked on XP apparently using Chromium 50, as already mentioned, but also that it still works with the Java and Silverlight NPAPI plugins!

Edited by Dave-H