JodyT

Server 2012 Updates on Windows 8

216 posts in this topic

59 minutes ago, JodyT said:

Aren't IE 10 updates integrated into the Security Only Updates greenhillmaniac?  I have IE 10 removed, but I just wanted to my sure my friend.

:)

Starting this March, Microsoft separates IE updates from the Security Only updates, so you need to download the IE10 security update, yes.

Whew!  Good thing you brought that up.  :D

OK so April 2017's updates have been installed for the most part.  I installed the Security Only (KB4015548) and the Flash Update (KB4018483).  I've sourced an Internet Explorer 10 update (KB4014661) but it's a cumulative update.  Are there no security-only styled monthly updates for Internet Explorer?

Also, there seems not yet to be any .NET downloads in the Microsoft Update Catalog, though I understand that there should be some from the announcements.

On 11/04/2017 at 11:45 PM, JodyT said:

Also, there seems not yet to be any .NET downloads in the Microsoft Update Catalog, though I understand that there should be some from the announcements.

.NET Security and Quality Rollup Update (no telemetry AFAIK): https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=4014982

KB4014563 is for .NET 3.5

KB4014557 is for .NET 4.5.2

KB4014548 is for .NET 4.6/4.6.1

KB4014545 is for .NET 4.6.2

Since Microsoft decided to include the CPU blocking patch on all Security Only and Monthly Rollups for Windows 7 and 8.1, once again Windows 8.0 is verified as a great choice, free of meddling, as Microsoft proves it just doesn't care about its failed OS (in this day and age, that's a good thing).