Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

JodyT

Server 2012 Updates on Windows 8

VistaLover    41
On Τρίτη, 8 Αύγουστος 2017 at 10:15 PM, Stefan43 said:

Haven't found .NET updates, don't know where those are listed.

Bookmark the following MS URL:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/894199/software-update-services-and-windows-server-update-services-changes-in

as have I (to keep track of WS2008 updates to apply on Vista) ...

According to that URL:

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Changes to existing nonsecurity content:

Update for .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7 on Windows Embedded 8 Standard and Windows Server 2012 (KB4035508)

Metadata has changed. Binaries have changed. This update will need to be reinstalled.

MS catalog link

Prerequisites:

To apply this update, you must have the .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, or 4.7 installed.

(So not applicable if you're still on 4.5.x).

8 hours ago, JodyT said:

If I don't want to upgrade to .NET v4.6.1, should I install those updates?

I wouldn't... :P Any particular reason not to upgrade .NET Framework on your Win8 setup?

JodyT    136

Not really.  I was just curious that the updates install, WITHOUT me installing v4.61.  I found a page recommending to install them on systems with v4.5 and v4.52.  Oh well.

JodyT    136

I knew I forgot something today.  I'll get at it tomorrow morning - updates that is :)

And time for another repository update:

• Replaced Monthly Rollup with the new one, KB4038799;
  • Replaced the Flash Player update with the new one, KB4038806;
  • Added this month's Security Only update, KB4038786;
  • Replaced Internet Explorer's cumulative update with the new one, KB4036586;
  • Replaced all of the .NET Framework Security and Quality Rollups with the new ones: KB4040971 for .NET 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2 and 4.7; KB4040975 for .NET 4.5.2 and KB4040979 for .NET 3.5;
  • Added this month's .NET Framework Security Only Updates: KB4040955 for .NET 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2 and 4.7; KB4040959 for .NET 4.5.2 and KB4040965 for .NET 3.5;

And something extra:

• Added a new folder insider the Extras, containing new files and info about the installation of .NET Framework 4.7, both on x86 and x64;
  • Cleanup of some files on the Security Only updates folder for x86

I think that's all. Hope you enjoy it :thumbup

https://mega.nz/#F!ExhDEbDA!pUhzXKVp5-hgzvylW_btfQ

JodyT    136

Interestingly, the update for v4.7 installed, even though I only have .NET v4.5 that came with Windows 8.   Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...