Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

WIP Installing Windows 2000 on a Thinkpad R60, audio issues

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~

~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 19-August 15

Hello! Today I've been having issues an audio driver on the Thinkpad R60 (Gave up on Windows 9x for the system). On my laptop, I've installed W2K and installed the display (graphics) and Wireless Networking drivers. Oddly, the audio drivers for the Thinkpad R60 W2K refuse to work (Despite the fact I've gotten it to work previously when attempting to install W2K on the laptop, only to forget to download the correct wireless driver and giving up).

My Specs:

Intel Solo T1300

11a/b/g Wireless LAN Mini PCI Express Adapter

Broadcom Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000)

I've followed the instructions on the Lenovo site (Source: http://support.lenov...oads/ds013777);

• Install DirectX 9.0C or later
  • Install SP4
  • UAA High Definition Audio Bus Driver

Despite following the steps, I still receive the message "The HDA Audio bus driver is required and not found"

I've tried to search up this issue online and everyone suggested to install Realtek Audio Codec, I've done so and saw no improvement. Please let me know any solutions if possible!

Extra's I've installed on the laptop

-SP5

-Unoffical updates which include compatibility launcher

How to install (Work in progress! Your model is likely different than mine and will need different drivers if so)

Spoiler

If I made any mistakes or you have information to add please let me know! Any useful programs to diagnose pc specs will be appreciated. I apologize if my grammar is terrible, I've written this late at night.

Edited by ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~, 03 February 2016 - 11:05 PM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

MrMaguire

MrMaguire

Designed for Microsoft® Windows® XP

• PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Joined 30-April 14

For the wireless driver I would try extracting the driver package, then installing the driver itself manually through the Device Manager.

blackwingcat

blackwingcat

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • Joined 31-May 08

Hi.

I think you lacked 4th step.

• Install DirectX 9.0C or later
  • Install SP4
  • UAA High Definition Audio Bus Driver(KB888111)
  • Install Driver.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
BlackWingCat =^^=
http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/

~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~

~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 19-August 15

My issue is that I've installed SP4, DirectX 9.0C, UAA High Definition Audio Bus Driver, and the installation still gives me the error "HDA Audio Bus Driver not found" and refuses to install SoundMAX.

I tested multiple OSes on this Laptop to find

• Windows 10 will completely freeze up when opening the start menu due to old processor and 1gb of ram
  • Windows 7 is extremely limited in ram, one window might be fine depending on the website. MS Word and so is very slow.
  • Windows XP is nice at first, then becomes easily bloated
  • Windows 2000 so far seems like the best choice, since all software available is made years ago, none of them take up nearly as much ram or cpu usage
  • Mint Linux was very slow to boot, didn't really test it though. Wasn't compatible with lots of software.
  • IXLE Linux was fine, only downside being its incompatible with lots of Windows software

Edited by ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~, 03 February 2016 - 11:13 PM.

blackwingcat

blackwingcat

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • Joined 31-May 08

If you look this message on Sound MAX sound driver, you should change inf file manually.

Generally , you should delete ".NTx86" for Win2000.

My issue is that I've installed SP4, DirectX 9.0C, UAA High Definition Audio Bus Driver, and the installation still gives me the error "HDA Audio Bus Driver not found" and refuses to install SoundMAX.

I tested multiple OSes on this Laptop to find

• Windows 10 will completely freeze up when opening the start menu due to old processor and 1gb of ram
  • Windows 7 is extremely limited in ram, one window might be fine depending on the website. MS Word and so is very slow.
  • Windows XP is nice at first, then becomes easily bloated
  • Windows 2000 so far seems like the best choice, since all software available is made years ago, none of them take up nearly as much ram or cpu usage
  • Mint Linux was very slow to boot, didn't really test it though. Wasn't compatible with lots of software.
  • IXLE Linux was fine, only downside being its incompatible with lots of Windows software

BlackWingCat =^^=
http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users