How to verify SP4 installed?

Roffen

Right-click on "My Computer", select "Properties" and you'll get the "System Properties".

Mine is XP SP3 (with the POSReady tweak) but without SP4. Yours should be diffetent.

Please do note the "Version" date. Below is a screenshot of mine.

post-134642-0-66562400-1454775738_thumb.

That's what I expected, mine looks the same. Installaton of SP4 took some time so I thought at first that it had installed but later I've begun to suspect it didn't quite work. Will try again.

Right-click on "My Computer", select "Properties" and you'll get the "System Properties".

Mine is XP SP3 (with the POSReady tweak) but without SP4. Yours should be diffetent.

Did your PC came with Pre-Installed Windows XP or you installed it by yourself? If you installed it by yourself, could you please tell me how did you get that "Asus" logo there?

Size matters.

180x120 AND oeminfo.ini :unsure:

Yes. 180x120 maximum. Mine is 116x116x24 bpp, to ensure propper alignement.

And resedit to remove the text "Manufactured and supported by:" in SYSDM.CPL

Edit Dialog 101, then fix checksum (XP)...

My oeminfo.ini:

[General]Manufacturer=Computer:[Support Information]Line1=Line2=Line3=Line4=Line5=Line6=

Did your PC came with Pre-Installed Windows XP or you installed it by yourself? If you installed it by yourself, could you please tell me how did you get that "Asus" logo there?

I made a response before I realized that the question was not for me. But I have the Asus logo all over my computer.

But I don't find any answer to the question I raise inthe OP: How can I verif that I have SP4 installed?

Edited by Roffen

Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs, there you'll see Windows XP Service Pack 4 to the bottom, if it's installed.

There will be no mention of it in System Properties, you'll see the same as in the screenshot above.

In the same Add/Remove dialog click on Add/Remove Windows Components. You'll see a list of components added by SP4, some will be unmarked (such as .NET 4.0). You may mark/unmark the components you want to install/uninstall respectively.

I hope you did let it finish the installation. There is one process you need to watch (forgot its name but it's mentioned somewhere in the readme) and only when that process dissapears from the list of active processes in Task Manager the installation would have completed.

But I don't find any answer to the question I raise inthe OP: How can I verif that I have SP4 installed?

Sorry if I understated it... :blushing:  here you go:

If "Version" is 2002, you have SP3, but  if  "Version" is 2014 , then you have SP4! :yes:

However it'll still say "Service Pack 3" in order not to cause compatibility issues !!!

Maybe it must be installed on a 'new' XP?

AFAIK, SP4 was designed to be able to be installed on a 'live' system, and not just on a 'new' XP.  So unless it ended in some kind of error message it should have worked.

Cheers and Regards

So just that I'm clear on its use, basically SP4 contains all patches post SP1 to SP3, plus it implements the POSReady hack.  Is that correct?

Can you make sure that NO .NET Frameworks are installed at all, or do you have to remove them afterwards?

I've read through the SP4 thread, but there are some debates that become difficult to follow ... lol

:)