Root Certificates and Revoked Certificates for Windows XP

heinoganda

No. One should use either blackwingcat's single update, or 5eraph's unofficial rootsupd and rvkroots (so, two files, as the now no more updated official MS files), or else heinoganda's updater. Isn't it wonderful to have three alternatives? :)

@dencorso

That was good, a way you've forgotten to show that the user may tinker the two updates itself together after the guidance. Think of the normal user wants to keep the system functioning only up to date is likely to go well with the updater and does not rely on the updates in the future newly created are available. (Then there are even four alternatives)

:)

Edited by heinoganda

• 2 weeks later...

Please post a link to 5eraph's updates for root certificates (rootsupd/rvkroots). I am unable to register on RyanVM.

Thanks in advance!

PM 5eraph, he can help you with your registration, too. 

I'm sorry but direct download links to repacked unredistributables are not allowed on MSFN.

No registration is necessary to download, Bersaglio.

That RyanVM link seems to just redirect to the login page if you're not a member, so it looks as if you do need to register to go any further.

:unsure:

Edited by Dave-H

Hadn't realized. I'm always signed in. Now I'm wondering how long it's been that way--it wasn't always so.

Send me a PM and I'll return a link to the files. Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by 5eraph

• 3 weeks later...

@5eraph

Imagine that the tool for users interesting is where still use the Windows Update function. For November we are still missing an update for the .NET Framework 2.0 (KB3097993 expected), then we are also completely as far as the Windows XP updates. Noted time on the edge of RDP 7.0 for XP updates KB3023299 (tswbprxy.exe) and KB3075221 (mstscax.dll) were not disclosed. Since I myself updates tinkered with the help of the updates for Vista (identical files from RDP 7.0), where function properly. Is there maybe even official updates?

@hmuellers

"Cert_Updater.exe" must be carried out again, because the current files (*.sst) each are times downloaded currently from MS. It must be run again only "Cert_Updater.exe". Simply put, the tool "Cert_Updater.exe" can be used each time to update the certificates.

Edited by heinoganda