Last versions of software for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008

WinClient5270

23 hours ago, burd said:

Would you like me to give a list of games aswell? @2008WindowsVista
Im Happy to if you would?

If you want to include a list of games, that would be great. I can already think of a few (GTA V, Just Cause 3, and Battlefield 3). I'd also like to add a new section for console emulators, such as Dolphin and PCSX2. 

However, it's quite late at the moment, so I'll have to add all of that next time I'm online. :)

2 minutes ago, 2008WindowsVista said:

If you want to include a list of games, that would be great. I can already think of a few (GTA V, Just Cause 3, and Battlefield 3). I'd also like to add a new section for console emulators, such as Dolphin and PCSX2. 

However, it's quite late at the moment, so I'll have to add all of that next time I'm online. :)

Ok theres absolutely no problems with conkeror im currently replying through it and on vista,its quite simple to use,

To open the url bar press G,If your cursor is on a search bar or any typeable thing it wont open so becareful about the cursor placement.At the bottom the url bar opens

Also About Games,

Doom (2016) (Min Win7SP1+)

Edited by burd

13 minutes ago, burd said:

Ok theres absolutely no problems with conkeror im currently replying through it and on vista,its quite simple to use,

To open the url bar press G,If your cursor is on a search bar or any typeable thing it wont open so becareful about the cursor placement.

Also About Games,

Doom (2016) (Min Win7SP1+)

Nevermind. I was overlooking the Windows Installer MSI file provided here: http://conkeror.org/InstallationWindows as my browser auto-scrolled to the "manual install" section when I first visited the page. 

Sorry about the confusion; the reason I was having so much trouble was because I was trying to perform a manual  install, which is definitely complicated and doesn't seem to want to work. Anyway, I shall add Conkeror to the list now. Also, since I can't find any solid evidence that the browser is discontinued, I will add it to the (ONG) browsers section. 

Also, does Doom 2016 work in Windows Vista? According to my research, Doom 3 is the last (and only) version that supports Vista. I'm aware that various games that claim to "require" Windows 7 work just fine with Vista (since Vista's Platform Update adds DX11 support). However, is Doom 2016 one of them? If not, I will add Doom 3 in favor of Doom 2016 when I update the list again.

Edited by 2008WindowsVista

16 minutes ago, 2008WindowsVista said:

Nevermind. I was overlooking the Windows Installer MSI file provided here: http://conkeror.org/InstallationWindows as my browser auto-scrolled to the "manual install" section when I first visited the page. 

Sorry about the confusion; the reason I was having so much trouble was because I was trying to perform a manual  install, which is definitely complicated and doesn't seem to want to work. Anyway, I shall add Conkeror to the list now. Also, since I can't find any solid evidence that the browser is discontinued, I will add it to the (ONG) browsers section. 

Also, does Doom 2016 work in Windows Vista? According to my research, Doom 3 is the last (and only) version that supports Vista. I'm aware that various games that claim to "require" Windows 7 work just fine with Vista (since Vista's Platform Update adds DX11 support). However, is Doom 2016 one of them? If not, I will add Doom 3 in favor of Doom 2016 when I update the list again.

Doom 2016 not doom 3,i downloaded it 2days back it works good, 110fps on ultra on vista and 90-100 on windows 7,the games that list 7 as min requirements are only worth the list imo.

and for conkeror its working here

http://imgur.com/a/4Vbqr

Edited by burd

9 minutes ago, burd said:

Doom 2016 not doom 3,i downloaded it 2days back it works good, 110fps on ultra on vista and 90-100 on windows 7,the games that list 7 as min requirements are only worth the list imo.

and for conkeror its working here

http://imgur.com/a/4Vbqr

Thanks for confirming that Doom 2016 works in Vista. I shall add it to the list next time I edit it (in a few hours). 

As for Conkeror, it's working fine for me too thanks to the installation MSI (the manual installation method didn't work for me on Vista). Like I said, I have added it to the ONG browsers section. 

Just now, 2008WindowsVista said:

Thanks for confirming that Doom 2016 works in Vista. I shall add it to the list next time I edit it (in a few hours). 

As for Conkeror, it's working fine for me too thanks to the installation MSI (the manual installation method didn't work for me on Vista). Like I said, I have added it to the ONG browsers section. 

take your time it should get updated for the future references :)

14 hours ago, burd said:

Web Browsers :-

Tor
Cocoon
Coowon
Epic (based on chronium/chrome 58,win7 min req but works on vista,look forward to this for the future,provided it works)
Dooble
BlackHawk

http://imgur.com/a/iG26g

Thanks for the additions. I have added them all except for Coowon and BlackHawk. Coowon has not been updated since 2014, and BlackHawk has not been updated since 2015. As such, these browsers are most likely abandoned. 

On the other hand, Epic browser looks awfully interesting. Chromium 58 on Vista? That's something I would've never thought would happen... Here's to hoping it keeps working/being updated on Vista for a long while.

SUMMARY OF CHANGES TO THE LIST FOR JUNE 29, 2017:

• Divided (ONG) "Web browsers" section into four subsections: Firefox-based, Independently-based, Multi-engine supported, and Chromium-based.
  • Added Tor Browser, Dooble, Cocoon, and Epic Browser to (ONG) "Web browsers" section.
  • Added a new (ONG) section: "Console Emulators"
  • Added Dolphin and PCSX2 to (ONG) "Console Emulators" section.
  • Added a new section: "Games"
  • Added GTA V, Doom 2016, Just Cause 3, Battlefield 4, and Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 to "Games" section. 

2 hours ago, 2008WindowsVista said:

SUMMARY OF CHANGES TO THE LIST FOR JUNE 29, 2017:

• Divided (ONG) "Web browsers" section into four subsections: Firefox-based, Independently-based, Multi-engine supported, and Chromium-based.
  • Added Tor Browser, Dooble, Cocoon, and Epic Browser to (ONG) "Web browsers" section.
  • Added a new (ONG) section: "Console Emulators"
  • Added Dolphin and PCSX2 to (ONG) "Console Emulators" section.
  • Added a new section: "Games"
  • Added GTA V, Doom 2016, Just Cause 3, Battlefield 4, and Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 to "Games" section. 

Epic doesnt support Vista so i suppose you create a UNS ONG? Its just working by a miracle :D

4 hours ago, Dibya said:

Any one know which is the lAst version of diskeeper pro that work on xp/vista?

Ill check,but ill only be able to test for vista.

I think diskeeper 12 is the last for xp and vista

Edited by burd

Doom Proofhttp://imgur.com/a/btg4a

Games

Counter-Strike Global Offensive
Counter-Strike 1.6
Serious Sam HD The First Encounter
Serious Sam HD The Second Encounter
Serious Sam 3 BFE
Rocket League
Portal 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Left 4 Dead
Serious Sam 2
Dragon Ball Xenoverse
Don't Starve Together
Quake Live
Road Redemption(They State it works for xp+,Crashes on startup for me though)
Chivalry Medieval Warfare
F.E.A.R 3
Killing Floor (not tested,States DX10 as minimum so Vista Should Work)
Bioshock Infinite
One Late Night : Deadline
Star Wars Republic Commando

Utilities
Logitech Gaming Software 8.94.104 (released on Jun 27, 2017)

Continues to Work On Vista

Edited by burd

10 hours ago, burd said:

Ill check,but ill only be able to test for vista.

I think diskeeper 12 is the last for xp and vista

Diskeeper 16 home still support xp vista but not pro