Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
caffeinepizza

Missing Start Menu Items and Programs

3 posts in this topic

I've had this issue in the past and never could pin-point what was causing it. I think it's one of the tweaks I'm making, since some copies of XP I sent through nLite didn't do this.

I slipstreamed harkaz SP4 v3.1b (almost immediately after it came out since I messaged him about it), but this isn't the problem.

I've attempted to figure out what was causing this before. I searched Google and here. I'm probably not wording my searches correctly if anyone else has posted on this.

I've attached my last session ini. LAST SESSION.INI

HgdxuUw.png

Nothing out of the ordinary in the .ini, it might be the edition - Windows XP Professional (Media Center v4.0) SP4 - 5.1.2600.6748 - English (United States).

Regardless of Nlite, check if the following directories exist:

%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\YOURCURRENTUSERNAME\Start Menu\Programs

and

%SystemDrive%\Documents and settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs

and if not, create the directory structure (that directory and any above it, if missing).

(%SystemDrive% is usually C:)

GL

Edited by GrofLuigi

Nothing out of the ordinary in the .ini, it might be the edition - Windows XP Professional (Media Center v4.0) SP4 - 5.1.2600.6748 - English (United States).

Regardless of Nlite, check if the following directories exist:

%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\YOURCURRENTUSERNAME\Start Menu\Programs

and

%SystemDrive%\Documents and settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs

and if not, create the directory structure (that directory and any above it, if missing).

(%SystemDrive% is usually C:)

GL

I'm not sure why it said the edition was Media Center. It was a pure XP Pro VL SP3 iso. Anyway, I made my changes without slipstreaming harkaz's pack then installed the pack afterwards and everything was there. Only change I had to make was to sysoc.inf in .\Windows because of the Windows Components in Add and Remove Programs throwing errors about missing files. (duh, because I removed them!)

I'll play around with it, because I wanted to slipstream it; not have to install and cleanup afterwards.