Can't copy / paste to this site

mike13

I wrote up a long description of my computer problem in Microsoft Word. I planned to do a Copy / Paste to a thread here, but I can't paste it here. If I click on that Word icon at the top that says paste from Word, I am able to get it posted to the "box that appears" but i can't get it posted to a thread I want to start. What am i doing wrong ?  Thanks,  Mike

For me that option is not available. If I toggle the text input to plain text and back, then I can click that button but only if I do not click in the reply box. When I do it says this:

Because of your browser security settings, the editor is not able to access your clipboard data directly. You are required to paste it again in this window.

I tested it out and I don't see a reason for that button. It just pastes text into quick reply the same as if I did it myself with Ctrl+V.

Are you making a post with different colors or text formatting?

Tripredacus---Thanks for the reply. I just have a simple word document typed up, no colors or text formatting.  I  Highlight the words, Right click and choose COPY, then I go to the thread I started and right click and choose Paste, but nothing happens. I also get that message that you posted about  "Because of your browser settings...."   Mike

jumper---Thanks for the reply. I am using EDGE, in windows 10. Not sure which version it is, but I usually have the NEWEST updates.

I did not change any "setting". Not sure I know what you are referring to. What setting would you suggest I change. Mike

Just testing.

I composed this post in Word 2010, then selected all, copied, and pasted into the forum editor window.  I intentionally used a non-standard font called Cooper Black just to see how much of the formatting would be retained.

I’m browsing with Internet Explorer.

-Noel

I was referring to the browser security setting that prevents the editor from accessing clipboard data directly. Probably Scripting->Allow Programmatic clipboard access.

Try copying as plain text instead of rich text.
Also try pasting with Ctrl+V.

Right-clicking and selecting Paste tells the app to read the clipboard. Pressing Ctrl+V tells the OS to insert from the clipboard into the active window as if typed.