Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

avamk

nLite 1.4.9.3 consistently crashes near end of finalize step

avamk    0

Hello,

I have the files from an original retail Windows XP SP3 install disc that I would like to process with nLite 1.4.9.3, with the goal of integrating all updates to date (including Internet Explorer 8 and latest Windows Media Player) followed by removing some componenets that I don't want.

I started by using the RyanVM Integrator 1.6.1b2.1 to include the OnePiece Windows XP Post-SP3 UpdatePack v1.0.7 followed by its "OnePiece Remove AddOn"s to get rid of a few items like Windows Search. I then used nLite to remove more components and did additional tweaks, hoping in the end to put all that into an ISO.

However, during the last stage of using nLite - when it says "Finalizing" after compressing cabinets - it crashes (please see attached screenshot).

At first I thought maybe it is because the install files I fed nLite was processed by RyanVM Integrator 1.6.1b2.1, so I retried the whole process on unprocessed/vanilla Windows XP SP3 files, but nLite crashes at the same stage.

I also tried to run nLite in an existing Windows XP SP3 virtual machine, and it still crashes at the same point.

What am I doing wrong?

Here is the nLite INI file with all my settings:

http://pastebin.com/YQ1p4tqJ

nLite crash on Win 8.1 x64.png