Chrome 49 Update

sdfox7

11 hours ago, LuckyCrydiaa said:

I am using Windows XP Anime Edition SP4

democrat.jpg

You're using... what? xD

For a custom-made skin, it very much looks as if someone just took the Windows Embedded POSReady theme, changed the desktop background and called it a day! hahahahaha

Edited by FranceBB

12 hours ago, LuckyCrydiaa said:

using CFF Explorer i got to locate the API call, but however changing the name or function will still get me error 
"Entry Point Not Found", which means unlike the Extended Kernel in Vista which you can edit the functions on the Firefox executable, but on XP, not at all!

You can change the functions on any OS, but the name must be of equal or lesser length and exist on the target OS.

On 11/14/2020 at 5:21 AM, FranceBB said:

You're using... what? xD

For a custom-made skin, it very much looks as if someone just took the Windows Embedded POSReady theme, changed the desktop background and called it a day! hahahahaha

It's actually a fork made by a Youtuber, so you can search that os if you want

> the name must be of equal or lesser length

Even-lengthed names can often be extended by three. Only one zero byte is needed to terminate, not the up to four including WORD padding byte and following zeroed WORD hint.

And odd-lengthed names by two (no padding byte).

Some linkers have already zeroed following hints and used them for termination. In this case and when there is no following hint, evens only get one extra char. When no following, odds get none.

Some other exceptions also exist, so always test carefully and thoroughly!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2020 at 3:35 PM, jumper said:

> the name must be of equal or lesser length

Even-lengthed names can often be extended by three. Only one zero byte is needed to terminate, not the up to four including WORD padding byte and following zeroed WORD hint.

And odd-lengthed names by two (no padding byte).

Some linkers have already zeroed following hints and used them for termination. In this case and when there is no following hint, evens only get one extra char. When no following, odds get none.

Some other exceptions also exist, so always test carefully and thoroughly!

Can you explain more please? I didn't understand what you mean by " the name must be of equal or lesser length" , does this mean that something should be changed in kerne32.dll ?

the name must be of equal or lesser length of what?

1 hour ago, MS-Russia said:

democrat.thumb.jpg.248acdbb989a8a3aa475c86f1a107ff8.jpg.173a9a7d3684e8c642e7135250f6f847.jpg

In this example could you explain it to me please how to change the name to equal ?

Why are you continuing to use a modified version of Windows XP? I'm unsure if @dencorso's ban on you was completely in order, you don't seem too awful of a user from what I've seen so far and given where you're from you probably picked up some modified copy without really thinking about its origin/legality.

Still, there's a rule about multiple accounts here and I don't know what happened after that post (if any PMs were sent around by you or whatever) so it's not really up to me to decide or anything as I just semi-lurk :|

1 hour ago, MS-Russia said:

In this example could you explain it to me please how to change the name to equal ?

By equal, I mean finding a function of equal character length (11 characters for GetThreadId) or shorter and typing it into CFF in its place. If you want a longer one, you will have to break out of CFF and use a hex editor and use jumper's tips.

I don't think this is a previously banned user; the image seems to have been a copy of the one farther up the thread.

I think you right-click on GetThreadId to change the name. Try LocalUnlock; like GetThreadId, it takes one parameter, then returns zero and sets the LastError upon failure.

Edited by jumper