I forgot my Windows 7 password, how to reset?

Haiennlly

• 1 year later...

14 minutes ago, Tripredacus said:

If only Windows 7 authentication was handled by MySQL! :rolleyes:

Don't say that aloud, someone may decide to make a simple web api interface to a kubernetes container leveraging on a cloud saas third party library to connect a phpadmin instance to a raw registry editor (and use Rust and python as parsers and interface to the cryptographic engine) :whistle:.

jaclaz

On 29/03/2016 at 10:38 AM, Haiennlly said:

I forgot my Windows 7 Password, Dell laptop, I already tried to remember passwords and tried all candidates with all possible combinations of caps lock, num lock etc. But none of them works. I need to login to my computer and get my work document, any suggestion ?

I watch and wonder what is recommended.
Interesting, why not use or recommend to use the built-in Administrator account. Especially when your computer starts and just do not remember the password. It is the simplest way to do what You ever want. You can run any computer using Administrator account which is without any password and gives full administrator privileges to change everything.
If you do not know what it is and how to use, open the Google search and type Built in Administrator account, may also add Windows 7, but it has been available already before Windows 7 came at all, but still computer users don't know, what it is and how to use.

I'm sorry that so late, but have not visited a forum for a long time.

9 hours ago, kaljukass said:

I watch and wonder what is recommended.
Interesting, why not use or recommend to use the built-in Administrator account. Especially when your computer starts and just do not remember the password. It is the simplest way to do what You ever want. You can run any computer using Administrator account which is without any password and gives full administrator privileges to change everything.
If you do not know what it is and how to use, open the Google search and type Built in Administrator account, may also add Windows 7, but it has been available already before Windows 7 came at all, but still computer users don't know, what it is and how to use.

I'm sorry that so late, but have not visited a forum for a long time.

The first thing that should be done on any install is to protect the built-in Administrator access with a password, bur you are right :) those that know and do this will also store the password somewhere (and thus not need any procedure) while the vast majority will leave the built-in Administrator (disabled but accessible via Safe Mode) with a blank password.

jaclaz

I haven't used it in a long time, but I do know that some specific characters in passwords would cause that program to never complete or it would show a blank entry. But what does "anymore" really mean. No two Windows 7 OS is going to be the same outside of a lab environment, and there are multiple versions of that software.

• 2 weeks later...

You don't need to worry any more when you forgot the Password ,
There are many ways to recovery Windows 7 password,including free software and no free ,  but I think the best and easiest way to reset Windows password is to use the Windows password recovery software. 

Edited by Bankcety

• 2 months later...
On 2016/5/7 at 6:57 PM, Godonma said:

There are many other free password recovery softwares and methods:

https://www.lifewire.com/free-windows-password-recovery-tools-2626179

https://www.tunesbro.com/reset-windows-10-password.html

https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/85657-password-reset.html

Most of the tools are boot discs based on Linux or WinPE. To burn the ISO to USB, you can use Rufus, ISO2Disc, YUMI, Universal USB Installer, WiNToBootic, UltraISO, etc.

I made a password reset disk with USB, but my computer doesn't detect it. What would be the problem?

1 hour ago, Yooherty said:

I made a password reset disk with USB, but my computer doesn't detect it. What would be the problem?

It depends on HOW (exactly) you did WHAT.

Choose one (and one only) given link/tutorial and follow it EXACTLY.

If it still doesn't work, post again DETAILing which one you chose to follow and the EXACT behaviour it has, AND the hardware you are using it on.

jaclaz