KernelEx Installation help needed

zhongtiao1

I have two xp drivers i need to install. One is an Ethernet driver and one is a Graphics driver. Whenever I try to install KernelEx, it wants me to download the Microsoft layer for Unicode. As I do not have internet, I cannot download and install the Unicode layer. I've tried manually installing it separately, but KernelEx still won't install. Is there any way to get around this?

Thanks,

Zhongtiao1

KernelEX will not help you to install drivers! KernelEx has the aim to run Windows 2000/XP-only applications on Microsoft Windows 98 and Microsoft Windows Millennium operating systems.

Make sure you have the Microsoft Layer for Unicode version 1.1.3790.0 unicows.dll. It only needs to be inserted into the system folder.

49 minutes ago, schwups said:

KernelEX will not help you to install drivers! KernelEx has the aim to run Windows 2000/XP-only applications on Microsoft Windows 98 and Microsoft Windows Millennium operating systems.

Make sure you have the Microsoft Layer for Unicode version 1.1.3790.0 unicows.dll. It only needs to be inserted into the system folder.

Thanks for the reply :) Is there any adapter software for drivers like KernelEx?

3 hours ago, zhongtiao1 said:

I have two xp drivers i need to install. One is an Ethernet driver and one is a Graphics driver. Whenever I try to install KernelEx, it wants me to download the Microsoft layer for Unicode. As I do not have internet, I cannot download and install the Unicode layer. I've tried manually installing it separately, but KernelEx still won't install. Is there any way to get around this?

Thanks,

Zhongtiao1

It would just be easier to install all the official updates from the unofficial service pack for Windows 98SE or Windows ME (Depending on which one you're using). The all official updates includes this I believe, I tried it and could install KernelEx afterwards. Note: KernelEx is better for software NOT DRIVERS. I tried KernelEx on many W2K and XP only drivers on two separate laptops only to fail due to dependencies. If you cannot find a proper video driver for your computer, try extracting driverpacks then go to device manager and install. If that still doesn't work there's this (Note: Lacks acceleration and d3d, I think) http://www.navozhdeniye.narod.ru/vbe9x.htm

Sadly there are no driver adapters like KernelEx for Windows 98SE...However, depending on your video card/graphics there maybe modded drivers out there to work with Windows 9x.
祝你好运!

Edited by ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~