Aero Glass not working on Windows 8.

Absolutely none of the features for Aero Glass are working. Blur, the transparency effect, borders, you name it. I've tried restarting, but it just gets stuck on "1 out of 1 updates."
Even uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't work, and it's pretty annoying. Any help?

By the way, my computer is 64 bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Why are you on Windows 8?  It is not supported anymore by Microsoft.  Are you sure you do not mean Windows 8.1?  Make sure you downloaded the correct version from here 

http://www.glass8.eu/download.html

There are two versions, you want v1.3.

Edited by dhjohns

2 hours ago, dhjohns said:

Why are you on Windows 8?

The quote below lists some motives for one to keep on Windows 8.0 (for more info just click on its jumpback link):

On 12/19/2015 at 0:13 AM, dencorso said:

It seems to me that Intel processors that are unable to run 8.1 and 10 lack PREFETCHW, which all multicore AMD processors do include, whereas most multicore AMDs that are unable to run 8.1 and 10 lack CMPXCHG16b, instead. However, at this point, this is little more than just a guess. I know for sure all Athlon XPs cannot run even 8.0, because they lack SSE2, among other things, but not all Athlon 64 X2 and later AMD processors are able to run 8.1 or 10 but all seem to be able to run 8.0...

On 4/26/2016 at 2:39 AM, dhjohns said:

Why are you on Windows 8?  It is not supported anymore by Microsoft.  Are you sure you do not mean Windows 8.1?  Make sure you downloaded the correct version from here 

http://www.glass8.eu/download.html

There are two versions, you want v1.3.

Yeah, I mean Windows 8.1.

I have v1.3 and yet it does literally nothing.