Remodeling Windows XP Kernel32

Dibya

4 hours ago, jumper said:

And I was hoping to get in a free plug for ImportPatcher which can do all of those things.

(Of course he could use KnownDLLs to redirect all supported dependency requests directly to his wrappers without any patching.)

10 hours ago, dencorso said:

@jaclaz: Never mind: it's just another thread hijack by Dibya...  :boring:

@Dibya: Would you please kindly stop hijacking other threads to vent your prospective software plans? Thank you. :yes:

Hello , I am not a hijaker.

AnywAy please merge idea wrapper here.

@jumper  these things are blocked when apps are updated

"Remodeling Windows XP Kernel32" means an OS update. That means administrative privileges for the installer so it can do things like place wrapper DLL's in System32 and modify KnownDLLs.

6 hours ago, jumper said:

"Remodeling Windows XP Kernel32" means an OS update. That means administrative privileges for the installer so it can do things like place wrapper DLL's in System32 and modify KnownDLLs.

Sorry but bad news , Windows NT Series never allow forwarding DLL Export through Import from Unknown dll

if some one want so that need removing krypto encryption which can result many worse secuirirty wholes.

I think we should organize goals first (long term ones), not "let's do this because I think I can do this". Even BWC's long private research isn't that popular to end users.
Four things that could made XP gain some popularity (or otherwise kill XP):

0. Security Issue
Online XP Machine marketshare is about 10 percent, with POSReady workaround there is 3 years left. Consider that as deadline
as McAfee said "Security is an Illusion"

1. RAM limitation
There several decent patcher already, possible issue remained on third party drivers though.
Personally this is the only part of system that I want to patch :) (since it can be load on demand by ntldr) anything else should be pristine from MS ( I use in-memory patcher for custom theme support / TCPIP Half-open)

2. Backported Apps
Once RAM issues squashed, we can talk about bring up modern app (which have memory hog tendency) into XP
If it is OpenSource, fork it, patch the source, rebuild (VC++ 2015 still support XP, GCC can be moded to use newer CRT)
If it is closed source, avoid tampering the binary (think of digital sinature, false positive AV, or worse getting reported)
Maybe in a form of _per apps_ shims dll which contain backported functions or else dynamically LoadLibrary() newer runtime and/or system runtime.

3. Backported DX10/11 (Games/3d apps)
First, how many people want to put high-end machine with XP-32? Will these machine support XP? see issue #4
Wined3d (dx to gl), Angle (gles to dx), MesaGL (gl to llvm). All of these really good enhancement for XP but don't get hope too high

4. USB3 driver (esp. Intel) and overall driver support
Is there USB3 backport? Unofficial? which means digital signature/WHQL issue. While desktop mobo used to offer 1.1 2.0 alongside, how about laptop?
How about other hardware? I don't think screaming at vendor for unsupported OS is good ideas. Thats not how business work, after all they had to maintain "good" relationship with MS too.

Consolidate the effort is one centralized site/forum, with one dedicated signer for public downloads

Greetings!, a long-time MSFN lurker :p

• 5 months later...
On 09.07.2016 at 7:48 AM, TuMaGoNx said:

RAM limitation

XP x64 has no memory limitations, has good compatibility with the software, the familiar interface and behavior.
I think it is better to modify this OS.

On 09.07.2016 at 7:48 AM, TuMaGoNx said:

First, how many people want to put high-end machine with XP-32?

I ))
with 24 GB RAM XP x64 copes perfectly.

1 hour ago, Sumanai said:

XP x64 has no memory limitations, has good compatibility with the software, the familiar interface and behavior.
I think it is better to modify this OS.

I ))
with 24 GB RAM XP x64 copes perfectly.

21 moders working silently . There only i and few with 32bit.

3 hours ago, Dibya said:

21 moders working silently . There only i and few with 32bit.

Since you're working (a lot, but to meager effect) very loudly, you oughtn't to count yourself among those who work silently (because you don't). :yes:

9 hours ago, Sumanai said:

And the others on x64? And where their results?

LIke Samuka

14 hours ago, dencorso said:

Since you're working (a lot, but to meager effect) very loudly, you oughtn't to count yourself among those who work silently (because you don't). :yes:

That sure my dear friend i want to see everyone contributing .

@All Xp lovers

Anyone wants to contribute extendedxp plz pm me i will send files no problem.

I have to repack files . Soon it will be released before cristmas . I wanna be a santa for XP.

I will take help from harkaz and tomasz86 because they know repacking custom hotfixes very well.