Bug: Navigating between pages of a topic requires you to refresh the page

CamTron

There's an annoying bug with the forum software that I've run into. When browsing a topic with multiple pages, there are buttons on the top and bottom of the page which allow you to navigate between pages. However, clicking one of those does not load the page immediately. Instead, I get this "Loading" tile, and the page stays like that indefinitely without loading. I have to actually refresh to get the topic's page to load. Every modern browser I've tried seems to be affected: Palemoon 25.8.1 on Linux Mint 17.3, Firefox 45.0.2 on Windows 7, Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7, Palemoon 26.2.1 Atom/XP on Windows XP, and Internet Explorer 11 on Windows Phone 8.1. Here's a screenshot of what happens.

Edited by CamTron
Deleted attached image to make space for more attachments

• 4 months later...

Since you're not getting any replies, this must be a rare occurrence, but it's also been happening to me on FF/XP for a long time. I thought it might be a caching issue, but even with an empty cache I still get the Loading... thing and have to refresh. I've pretty much gotten used to it, but it does get annoying sometimes when navigating a number of pages in the same thread.

Thanks, @xper, seems to work fine for me now.

The only thing I'm not sure about is how it now always starts every new page at the top. What I mean is, in case AJAX loading used to scroll the new page not fully to the top but only to the top post of the page, this new behavior may in turn annoy those who didn't see any problems when AJAX was on. Since it never worked properly for me, I don't really know if there's anything perceivably different for those users now, but in any case what I'm trying to say is that I'd be willing to forgo this fix if it causes annoyance to many others.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...